Author Topic: This is TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR  (Read 2124 times)

Offline Johndoe1

What in the word was THIS doctor thinking!!!!!

Boy, 16, was given estrogen for behavioral disorder while in L.A. juvenile hall, suit alleges

By James Queally Staff Writer 
July 15, 2020
5 AM
A 16-year-old boy being held at a Los Angeles County juvenile hall developed enlarged breasts after he was prescribed estrogen to treat a behavioral disorder, a move that baffled doctors who said the treatment defied medical logic, according to a lawsuit filed last month.
The teen, whose identity is being withheld because of his age, was diagnosed with oppositional defiant disorder, or ODD, two days after he was arrested and housed at Eastlake Juvenile Hall in June 2019, the lawsuit said. Medical records reviewed by The Times show that the teen’s testosterone levels were “slightly high” when the doctor who diagnosed him prescribed daily doses of estrogen.

Estrogen regulates the development of female sexual characteristics and reproduction. Men produce the hormone at much lower levels.

After taking approximately 13 daily doses of the hormone, the teen was diagnosed with gynecomastia, defined as the enlargement or swelling of breast tissue in males whose estrogen level is too high, medical records show.

ODD, a behavioral condition that is sometimes suffered by patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, is normally treated with therapy, said James McGough, a professor of clinical psychiatry at UCLA.

“Estrogen is not a treatment for ODD. I can’t be more emphatic about that,” McGough said. “You won’t find a reference anywhere that supports the use of estrogen for ODD.”
The lawsuit described the treatment as “experimental.” The doctor who prescribed the estrogen, Danny Wang, could not be reached for comment.

Los Angeles County’s juvenile detention facilities are overseen by the Probation Department. Medical needs are provided by Juvenile Court Health Services, which falls under the county Department of Health Services. In an e-mail, a Department of Health Services representative confirmed that Wang has been employed by the county since 2012 but declined to comment on his current status with the agency, describing it as a “confidential personnel matter.” The department declined to comment on the lawsuit.

The suit — which names as defendants the county, Wang and David Oh, medical director of Juvenile Court Health Services — alleges medical battery and negligence.

Probation officials and the teen’s attorney, Wesley Ouchi, declined to say why he was in custody. Ouchi said the boy, now 17, was released in April and will require surgery to treat the physical issues he developed as a result of the estrogen treatment.

Wang prescribed a daily regimen of 2 milligrams of estrogen to be taken in pill form, according to medical records. The boy’s parents were not aware that he had been diagnosed with ODD or was undergoing treatment until late July 2019. Doctors said the treatments should not have been carried out without the parents’ consent.

The boy’s father, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to protect his son’s identity, said he found out about the estrogen pills when he visited the juvenile hall one weekend last July.
“When I found out they were giving him the pill, I was like, why didn’t they ask me? When I found out what kind of pill was it, I was like, this is terrible,” the father said. “He’s only 16, and they were forcing him to take it.”

The father said he later confronted Oh, the medical director, over the phone. Oh admitted that Wang had made “a mistake,” the father said. The health services representative declined to comment on Oh’s alleged remark due to the ongoing litigation.
The treatments stopped last July, after the teen began to complain of negative side effects and refused medication, records show. Prior to that, Ouchi said, his client felt compelled to take the pills because he feared that disobeying Wang would have a detrimental effect on his pending criminal case.

Reports from probation officers about a youth’s time in custody can carry significant weight at sentencing hearings, and the teen’s case had not been adjudicated at the time Wang prescribed him the estrogen, Ouchi said.

Ouchi also alleges the boy was bullied by other youths in custody once his gynecomastia symptoms developed.

“As a teenager, he felt self-conscious already,” Ouchi said. “Going through these changes made it a lot more traumatic for him.”
Sara Coffey, director of child and adolescent psychiatry at Oklahoma State University, said ODD is normally diagnosed in children between the ages of 6 and 12. Children diagnosed with the disorder often struggle with authority, in school or in social settings. Common treatments include family therapy or medications that have had success in aiding juveniles with ADHD, including Ritalin and Adderall.

Using hormones to treat ODD might actually worsen the situation, Coffey said.
“The other concern I have, as a psychiatrist, is that we know hormones play a role in mood,” she said. “If his mood got disrupted, that could only further complicate things.”
Estrogen is normally stocked at L.A. County juvenile facilities for use as part of hormone therapy for contraception and treatment of gender dysphoria, according to the health services representative.

The boy’s father said the hormone therapy has had a long-term effect on his son, who now scares easily and has become antisocial.

“He’s like a different person. He just wants to be in his room, and he don’t come out for nothing, all day in his room,” the father said. “He was never like that.”
Times staff writer Jaclyn Cosgrove contributed to this report.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-07-15/teenage-boy-was-given-estrogen-developed-breast-tissue-while-in-l-a-county-juvenile-hall-lawsuit-alleges
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I am surprised he developed breasts after just 13 days.  That seems rather quick.

Offline Johndoe1

I read that as taking 13 doses up to 2mill per day.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Well, one is medical malpractice, the other child abuse.  However, I can find no evidence to support your claims about the Thai Ladyboys.  You have a link to an article?

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
Well, one is medical malpractice, the other child abuse.  However, I can find no evidence to support your claims about the Thai Ladyboys.  You have a link to an article?
I found out about this when I was doing research into my own feminization two years ago. Since then I’ve read many articles as to why Thailand is world famous for their ladyboys, so I have no specific link but do a search on “Thai Ladyboys” and you’ll get dozens of hits.
When you look at these young men it’s obvious that they must have started at a very young age as they are on a whole different level vs your typical drag queen or transsexual who started taking female hormones when they were in their early teens. Some work very hard at their craft, the most successful enter beauty contests where the only requirement is that you must be male.
Which of my claims are you referring to, my claims about the government’s involvement?

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
In Thailand, some parents force feed estrogen into their very young  male offspring for the specific purpose of feminizing the kid  [...]
To get this degree of femininity, the male child must start estrogen treatment at age five or earlier, long before he has any idea of what his parents are trying to do to him.
I wasn't aware of the Thai ladyboys either, so I looked it up.  I didn't find anything about the part above, but I didn't look very hard.  We know someone who spent ten or fifteen years in Thailand and came back maybe about 2016, but I don't know if I should ask her.

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
MarcoB,
Search “7 reasons why Ladyboys are so prevalent in Thailand”.
The short answer is that Ladyboys are part of Thai culture and therefore feminization of a young boy up to mutilation of his genitals is acceptable.  No doubt many LB are homosexuals who want to be feminized, that’s different.  But there are so many
LB in Thailand that in some percentage of the cases, however small, the parents must be involved, especially since they achieve such a high degree of femininity including genital mutilation. A heterosexual male doesn’t just wake up one day and decide he wants to look like a girl and have a surgeon build him a faux vagina. But I can see parents of such a five year old boy who are watching the nationally televised Miss Tiffany’s Universe beauty pageant thinking “hmm...that could be our son someday. Our son could have the status of a rock star!”
No doubt the Thai government sees LB as a boom to their economy given the positive impact of tourism. But I take the side of the male children who are potentially paying for this financial windfall.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I found out about this when I was doing research into my own feminization two years ago. Since then I’ve read many articles as to why Thailand is world famous for their ladyboys, so I have no specific link but do a search on “Thai Ladyboys” and you’ll get dozens of hits.
When you look at these young men it’s obvious that they must have started at a very young age as they are on a whole different level vs your typical drag queen or transsexual who started taking female hormones when they were in their early teens. Some work very hard at their craft, the most successful enter beauty contests where the only requirement is that you must be male.
Which of my claims are you referring to, my claims about the government’s involvement?
Specifically your claim that parents are injecting their sons with estrogen at age 5 or earlier.  No evidence of that.  The medium.com article that comes up in your recommended search makes no mention of it.

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member

Specifically your claim that parents are injecting their sons with estrogen at age 5 or earlier.  No evidence of that.  The medium.com article that comes up in your recommended search makes no mention of it.
Yeah, you’re probably right. Five yo boys are obtaining estrogen HRTs on their own and injecting it themselves and covering their tracks by using their own credit cards to make sure their parents don’t find out.

Offline paulpark21

• Bronze Member
Five year olds with credit cards????  C'mon

Yeah, you’re probably right. Five yo boys are obtaining estrogen HRTs on their own and injecting it themselves and covering their tracks by using their own credit cards to make sure their parents don’t find out.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

Yeah, you’re probably right. Five yo boys are obtaining estrogen HRTs on their own and injecting it themselves and covering their tracks by using their own credit cards to make sure their parents don’t find out.
As much as I appreciate sarcasm, providing evidence would serve you better at this point.

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member

As much as I appreciate sarcasm, providing evidence would serve you better at this point.
Fair enough!  Search YouTube video 
”Miss Unlimited sexy star 2010”
This is the bikini competition  of the Miss Tiffany’s Universe pageant. Check out this YouTube video and tell me if you still believe that all contestants are 100% natural. No estrogen shots/pills, no HRTs, no surgeries, implants.  These men got their genetic makeup from Mother Nature, no help from science, they just naturally developed that way.
Let me know what you think after viewing this.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

Fair enough!  Search YouTube video
”Miss Unlimited sexy star 2010”
This is the bikini competition  of the Miss Tiffany’s Universe pageant. Check out this YouTube video and tell me if you still believe that all contestants are 100% natural. No estrogen shots/pills, no HRTs, no surgeries, implants.  These men got their genetic makeup from Mother Nature, no help from science, they just naturally developed that way.
Let me know what you think after viewing this.
Wait....  First you're saying parents are injecting these boys with estrogen before age 5, now you're saying "No estrogen shots/pills, no HRTs."   Which is it?

Offline AtoDDD

• Bronze Member
My sarcasm was not to imply that LB are 100% natural, rather, that a child would not have the ability, knowledge, or finances to feminize himself. So if the child isn’t doing it to himself, it follows that the parents must have a hand in it. The “evidence” video was to show that these men have achieved such a high degree of femininity by age twenty, the pharmaceutical help must have started at a very early age, an age at which the child would not understand what was happening to him.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 02:27:47 PM by AtoDDD »

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
My sarcasm was not to imply that LB are 100% natural, rather, that a child would not have the ability, knowledge, or finances to feminize himself. So if the child isn’t doing it to himself, it follows that the parents must have a hand in it. The “evidence” video was to show that these men have achieved such a high degree of femininity by age twenty, the pharmaceutical help must have started at a very early age, an age at which the child would not understand what was happening to him.
No, it does not mean that at all.  That is a conclusion you have reached on your own without any actual evidence.  Much like saying a platypus is the result of a duck and beaver having a one night stand.  So at this point, I'm just going to apply Hitchen's Razor.  What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024