Author Topic: Country check  (Read 894 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Curious as to what country everyone lives in. Is the U.K. More accepting than the U.S? Canada? What’s your experience?

Offline Charlee

• Posting Member
USA. Northeast Ohio. Accepting? I feel it depends on where you are. I live in a rural area and I get the distinct impression that my acceptance would not be very good. When I lived in the city I felt people were more forgiving of the unusual.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 02:58:19 PM by Charlee »
Happy to be busted.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member
South Africa.

As a generally conservative nation, I don't think the idea of men wearing bras will be accepted very easily.  Anything that isn't outright masculine is often frowned upon when it comes to men, and quite vocally so.

aboywithgirls

NH, USA.

I cant speak for the other countries. However most of my bras are from the UK. I find that their shape and underwires fit me best.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
Hehehe, forgot to mention I’m currently in Idaho, but home base is northern Nevada. 

Offline Beeches

• Silver Member
I’m in the UK. Like JohannK says of South Africa, the UK is another conservative nation.

I guess acceptance would be quite good in the more enlightened areas in many cities, but out in the rural areas like the one I live in, eyebrows would be raised but nobody would actually say anything...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 06:21:59 PM by Beeches »

Offline taxmapper

SW US.. Out here, most don't give a whip. 

Offline Charlee

• Posting Member
Right Beeches, about the eyebrows. I personally think it’s not a big deal when I see someone else similarly endowed. I just wish I could figure out how to approach and open a discussion without seeming too forward or predatory.

DW20

I am in UK.
Never been to USA so cannot comment.
Only place I got any verbal was in a church that widely advertises itself as accepting anyone as they are.
Marks and Spencer (well knownfor their undies) seem quite happy to give advice but not , sometime ago, to give a fitting. Like most shops, they like the colour of people's money though an do not discriminate at the tills whatever your gender and contents of your basket i

They also seem to heavily censor male reviews, but in fairness have by and large reinstated them when I explain gynaecomastia.
By and large UK is "live and let live"

Online Johndoe1

Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
A certain city in central Ohio where if someone shouts "O-H!" everyone is required to respond with "I-O!"

Within the metropolitan area, I suspect must people don't give a damn.  But a short trip outside of the area and you're in rather rural areas.  I suspect they would not be as welcoming.  Never left the US, so I can't comment on how it compares to other countries.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024