Author Topic: Another weightlifter...  (Read 7398 times)

Offline time99

• Posting Member
I am a 17 year old boy who has noticed an enlargment with his chest since the age of 8.  I have always felt ashamed and would be the last person to ever take off his shirt.  Now I have been wokring out for a few years and the only spot on my body, naturally, that doesn't lose fat is my chest.  I run and run and excercise but it doesn't seem to do anything but make my chest unproportional to my lean body.  Surgery perhaps?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
If you didn't say your chest has fat, from these pics i wouldn't have noticed.  Looks like you throw the weights around but from the pics it looks like muscle to me. I'm not doubting you when you say it's fat, i'm just saying from the pics it looks like beef to me.  I'd say see and endocrinologist at your age, but man, you've had this since you were 8? Surgery may be the only way out, again, check with a Dr.  :)

Offline gr

Looks like gyne to me.  Get the surgery.  You work out because you want to look good.  The gyne is a defect that will stand in the way of your looking the way YOU want to look.  If you spend an hour a day working out, that’s 365 hours a year.  If  your time was only worth $10/ hour, then that’s $3650 for a year.  The cost of your surgery would probably be less than that.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
True. That's a good way of looking at it rg.

Offline Spleen

Looks like glandular gynecomastia to my untrained eye.  Good news is you probably need excision only and no lipo.

Offline time99

• Posting Member
Does this mean they just cut the gland that causes this whole thing?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Does this mean they just cut the gland that causes this whole thing?

Yes, 'excision' means surgically removing the gland mass. No amount of weight loss/exercise will get rid of the gland. I have tried ;). Surgery is the only means to banish it.

Looks to me that you have gland IMO. Kinda difficult to tell for sure though just by looking at your pics. You say that you have had it since about 8 years old. Most likely you have gland then. I developed Gyne at approx. age 10. Go see a local PS and get a professional opinion to find out one way or the other.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:57:19 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline micheal

• Bronze Member
Well just posting to say your not alone.

Your case is almost exactly mine. Im 17, ive been working out for years... and well im still ashamed to show my body cause of this little tiny lump around my nipple. I cant wear form fitted shirts, or anything.

Does anyone know if insurance covers gland removal?
I also dont need any lipo.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

Lipo definately is not covered as it is considered 'Cosmetic'.

If you have health insurance, submit a claim for gland excision. It'll be either approved or denied.

I live in Ontario, Canada and we have what is called O.H.I.P. ( hopital insurance ). OHIP covered my gland removal and all hospital fees except for the Lipo proceedure. The cost of my Lipo ($1200 CND), was payed by me, directly to the PS.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 10:09:58 AM by Bambu »

Offline time99

• Posting Member
Well just posting to say your not alone.

Your case is almost exactly mine. Im 17, ive been working out for years... and well im still ashamed to show my body cause of this little tiny lump around my nipple. I cant wear form fitted shirts, or anything.

I also dont need any lipo.

Heh its nice to know that there are others out there with the same specifics as my case.  Anyways, I am with you on being ashamed as well.  I am considered to be one of the "jacked" kids in my school but if i could be proved very differently if you know what I mean.  It seems that my upper chest isn't as fat but my lower chest under the nipple area is wehre it is about an 1 1/2" of fat.  No where on my body do I have as much fat as there   :-/  I would probably get the excision because I can easily burn off fat through physical activies.  Is the gland causing most of the fat to go directly to my chest?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
cruz drooling over a 17-year old again?    not only do you destroy the free constructive atmosphere of the site, you should by all rights probably be in jail.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
Looks completly fine from the front, but from the side pics you can see the gyne. Many of us like myself are in great physical shape other than the chest. Get the surgery.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline time99

• Posting Member
Heh, yeah my situation definitley resembles yours as well. I'm going off to college after the summer and would like to get it taken care of as well.  I haven't brought it to my parents attention yet because, well, i guess i don't know how to IMHO.  My mom can be a real pain but when I make something out to be serious, she will listen.  ANy suggestions???

Offline BlueEagle

• Posting Member
  • Ladiees, I'm Ripped Everywhere Cept on the Tidiees
You got it good if your mom will listen
aight this may/may not help but is how i did it...

One morning my mom was yelling at me to leave for school cuz I was goin to be late.  She asked me y I always take so long to get dressed.  I told her I had to deal with a problem that most guys don't when pickin out what to wear.  She asked what problem.  I said I always have to find clothes that hide the fat on my chest.  After that sentence things got easier.  

Just bite the bullet and get it out and it is downhill from ther.  Sooner the better.. ask any adult on this board and they'll tell you they wished their parents had helped them with this.  My mom now practically wants to take care of it.  I'm still in the same boat as you though with my dad.  He doesnt know whats up b/c my parents are divorced and I don't even kno if I want/need to tell him.  Maybe down the road.  My only major prob now is helpin my mom pay for it and pickin which month I can afford to stop lifting.
U got it 99, np
« Last Edit: March 24, 2005, 11:56:53 AM by BlueEagle »

Offline Breastzilla

• Posting Member
I told my dad about it when i was 14 and he scolded me and told me not to be ashamed of my body.  I didnt get around to the surgery until i was 29 years old.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024