Author Topic: New Insight... for me  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Ontario85dude

Heya all.
I've read some of the amazing information on this site, and it has come to my attention... That I actually live with this condition.....
I was about 13/14 when i hit puberty and I noticed my nipples were sore. I just ignored it... and after some time I had big puffy nipples with my left one bigger than the right.... I wasn't really concerned about it until about 16/17 when stuff like going to the beach with gurls and playing sports with the shirts off. I was completely embarest about myself. And I seriously Thought I had cancer. I didn't want to upset my mom or my dad to tell them I had cancer and time went on. I am now 20 and about a month ago I stumbled onto this site. I swore hard and fast in many different languages and found out I actually have some sort of tissue growing under my nipples. At this point in time my right nipple is bigger than the left and the matter is hard as rock. I am a very athletic male who weighs 187lbs at 6'3. I work out constantly to try and alter the look of my nipples for the last 3 years, but It hasn't improved... instead it got worse.. From I learned my growing muscle is pushing it outwards and making it look even bigger. There were many occasions where I got into trouble with the cops because a bunch of people made fun of my chest, and ended paying for it with a concussion or broken nose.

Anywayz..... I want to get rid of this condition and finally want to lead a normal life, without ever thinking about day to day about my puffy nipples when I wake up, work-out, or sleep...
I went to my family Doctor and she told me I don't have Gyno, go see a psychiatrist... she actually told me that my body is not symmetrical that my right side is stronger than the left.... I don't know how she missed the lumps under my nipples.

I heard I can get surgery to correct this problem... I am totally NOT scared of surgery, I've had two surgeries done to me from sport related injuries. Im sure from reading other posts that this kind of surgery would be an easy breeze in the air.

My question to you all is... What do I do now? Do I look for another family doctor and present my case to him/her? I've been with this doctor for 6 years, and showed her twice now. And she even wanted me to take anti-depressent drugs. I told her no of course, I don't want no drugs, and stormed outta her office.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have a good doctor in London, Ontario Canada that I could see? A surgeon perhaps? Anyone?

Thx all

Offline supaaman

• Silver Member
Hey Ontario dude,

Your doctor sounds pretty ignorant and you should probably find a new one, but I think you need to find a Plastic Surgeon and skip the family doctor altogether for this.  Mostly, from what I have read on this site, the family doctors know less about Gyne than most of the people on this forum!

The most popular PS in Ontario seems to be Dr. John Fielding in Toronto.  There are others too.  One guy is getting his surgery today with another surgeon - might be in London? - Dr. Warren Law.  Check out the posts of "Brownman" - look in the Canada local forum.  Also, check into posts by "Grandpa Bambu" - you will see his posts in the Canada forum too.  Maybe send him a personal message for advice.  He knows a lot and had surgery done by Fielding.  Your case sounds typical - like mine and many others I have read here.  Just because you are lean, athletic and in better shape than most guys, doesn't mean that you are crazy for not wanting puffy nips! Keep your chin up man - I don't think you need Prozac!

Sup
JCF  Success Story - Surgery Aug 23, 2006

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Heya all.
I've read some of the amazing information on this site, and it has come to my attention... That I actually live with this condition.....
I was about 13/14 when i hit puberty and I noticed my nipples were sore. I just ignored it... and after some time I had big puffy nipples with my left one bigger than the right.... I wasn't really concerned about it until about 16/17 when stuff like going to the beach with gurls and playing sports with the shirts off. I was completely embarest about myself. And I seriously Thought I had cancer. I didn't want to upset my mom or my dad to tell them I had cancer and time went on. I am now 20 and about a month ago I stumbled onto this site. I swore hard and fast in many different languages and found out I actually have some sort of tissue growing under my nipples. At this point in time my right nipple is bigger than the left and the matter is hard as rock. I am a very athletic male who weighs 187lbs at 6'3. I work out constantly to try and alter the look of my nipples for the last 3 years, but It hasn't improved... instead it got worse.. From I learned my growing muscle is pushing it outwards and making it look even bigger. There were many occasions where I got into trouble with the cops because a bunch of people made fun of my chest, and ended paying for it with a concussion or broken nose.

Anywayz..... I want to get rid of this condition and finally want to lead a normal life, without ever thinking about day to day about my puffy nipples when I wake up, work-out, or sleep...
I went to my family Doctor and she told me I don't have Gyno, go see a psychiatrist... she actually told me that my body is not symmetrical that my right side is stronger than the left.... I don't know how she missed the lumps under my nipples.

I heard I can get surgery to correct this problem... I am totally NOT scared of surgery, I've had two surgeries done to me from sport related injuries. Im sure from reading other posts that this kind of surgery would be an easy breeze in the air.

My question to you all is... What do I do now? Do I look for another family doctor and present my case to him/her? I've been with this doctor for 6 years, and showed her twice now. And she even wanted me to take anti-depressent drugs. I told her no of course, I don't want no drugs, and stormed outta her office.

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone have a good doctor in London, Ontario Canada that I could see? A surgeon perhaps? Anyone?

Thx all

I agrere with supaaman. u need to go to a Ps. and get help.......

All the best 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
I know, we dont need anti-deppresents we need surgery! Well good for you, go see fielding, your fortunate enough to live in ontario. Good luck to you my friend.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The most popular PS in Ontario seems to be Dr. John Fielding in Toronto.  There are others too.  One guy is getting his surgery today with another surgeon - might be in London? - Dr. Warren Law.  Check out the posts of "Brownman" - look in the Canada local forum.  Also, check into posts by "Grandpa Bambu" - you will see his posts in the Canada forum too.

supaaman....

Dr. Law is in Kitchener Ontario.

Yes, you are prolly right in saying that most of the guys here prolly know more about Gynecomastia than most GP's ::)!   Anti-Depressants.... OMG!  :o

Ontario85dude....

As supaaman mentioned, fugettabout your GP and go directly to a Plastic Surgeon. I don't know of any PS's in London but as mentioned, Dr. Law is in Kitchener and Dr. John Craig Fielding is in Toronto. Here is JCF's info.....

---------------

Dr. J. Craig Fielding  M.D., F.R.C.S. (C)
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

2425 Bloor Street West
Suite #401
Toronto, Ontario
M6S 4W4

Tel. 416.766.8890

---------------

- Sorry, JCF does not have a Website nor a business email addy.

Dr. Law in Kitchener is half the distance to you than Dr. Fielding. However, Dr. Law is questionable. Read this thread.  Start at my post, 9th one on the Page. However, it's your call Dude. My suggestion is you contact both for consultations and go with the Doc that you feel most comfortable with.

OHIP will pay for most, if not all of the procedure if surgery is performed in a hospital. OHIP will not cover you if you opt for surgery in a private clinic. If you have excision of the gland 'and' liposuction, OHIP pays for all except the lipo portion of the procedure. Lipo is considered 'cosmetic' and most insurance companines will not pay out for cosmetic surgery. If you have excision only then your surgery is fully covered. However, most PS's prefer to do 'some' lipo to even it all out. The doc will advise you of this during your consultation.

I went with Dr. Fielding. JCF did Bi-lateral excision and Lipo. I paid $1200 for the lipo portion of the procedure.

Anyways my man, I hope this is of some help to you.

John.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 09:06:40 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024