Author Topic: 17 and Confused  (Read 11762 times)

Offline cade87

• Posting Member
Hello- I am 17 years old, I'll be 18 in 2 months. I noticed my nipples getting puffy right after I turned 15. Since then, I haven't gone to to pool or worn a tight shirt at all. Because I thought it was fat at first, I kinda stopped eating and over exercising, and as a result I'm really skinny. I've since learned better and have begun eating a lot more and started going to the gym about a month ago. But being the pain in the ass gyne seems to be, I doubt lifting weights will make it go away anyway. Here are my pics-

As you can see, it's hard to tell it's there looking at it directly from the front, but from an angle it's so damn ugly. In the 3rd pic, I'm actually flexing, so none of that can be muscle.

I've talked to my mom about getting it fixed, but she doesn't think it's a problem...mainly because I've done a good job of hiding it over the years. But I really wanna get this fixed..

Any advice...?

Alex18

You look totally normal to me.  Maybe it's the angle?

Offline Recreating

• Bronze Member
To each their own.
I'd say working out would do nothing but wonders for you.
just add muscle to your frame. Your body would more than even out.
I bet a dumbbell & protine powder would end any scares you had about it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 04:06:30 AM by Recreating »

Offline Spleen

You do not have gynecomastia.  Not even close.  You might have body dismorphic disorder.  Try getting some counseling.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
 ???  Dude, you don't have Gyne.... You should be more conerned with 'getting some'.  ;)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2005, 05:35:28 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Bambu's saying you should be "getting some."  If that's not a big NO to your question about having it, i don't know what is. You're skin & bones, get into the gym. Add some weight.

Offline cade87

• Posting Member
If I don't have gyne, then why does this bother me so much? When it's cold, like a lot of other people with gyne, the glands tighten up and I look perfectly normal. I want to look like that ALL the time. If I can tell a noticable, bothersome difference in the heat and cold, doesn't it show I can benefit from getting it fixed, so I can look how I want to look all the time???

Offline Spleen

It may bother you because you might have something called Body Dismorphic Disorder.  I don't think anyone here thinks you have gynecomastia.

http://www.baltimorepsych.com/body_dysmorphic_disorder.htm

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Bambu's saying you should be "getting some."  If that's not a big NO to your question about having it, i don't know what is. You're skin & bones, get into the gym. Add some weight.

jc.... when I said 'Getting Some', I meant some 'tail'. Sorry for the confusion there Dude. What I was trying to say is that at 17, all he should be worried about is hunting down a bit of tail.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 08:27:45 AM by Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

If I don't have gyne, then why does this bother me so much? When it's cold, like a lot of other people with gyne, the glands tighten up and I look perfectly normal. I want to look like that ALL the time. If I can tell a noticable, bothersome difference in the heat and cold, doesn't it show I can benefit from getting it fixed, so I can look how I want to look all the time???

Dude.....if it bothers you that much, then go see a PS to get a professional opinion. Listen to what he/she has to say about your situation. If the conclusion is that you don't have Gyne, then you should go see a psychologist for BDD ( Body Dismorphic Disorder ). If the PS agrees with you that you do have Gyne, then have surgery. Either way, you 'see' yourself having a defect. Only a qualified PS can tell you 'Yes' or 'No'.

Best of luck Broh...
  ;)

« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 08:49:40 AM by Bambu »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Bambu - i thought you meant get gyne.

my post is a bit of an exageration, but point being no you don't have it.  ??? Interesting though, you stand with your shoulders rolled forward as if in an attempt to hide your chest.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 07:38:48 PM by jc71 »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
this is not bdd.  

the side pic clearly shows a conical shape.  this is not normal.  

the other pic to me says (correct me if i'm wrong) he's trying to pull a disk mass out to give an indication of its size.  

if you want to say well it's not a d-cup, that's different.  but peers in school have no difficulty picking out even minor cases or puffies.  so whether he wants to put up with it is up to him, but cade i do agree this looks like a minor case of gyne.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline cade87

• Posting Member
I almost wish my case was 10 times worse...at least then I wouldn't feel as guilty about wanting surgery. But I can't begin to think how awesome it would be to go to the pool and feel comfortable about myself.

Gine2D

"Body Dismorphic Disorder Treatment often involves the use of SSRI medications (such as sertraline or fluoxetine) "
These treatments can increase Estrogen that make gyne worse.

I do not think you have any Gyne problem.  

Get a new attitude about why things happen in your life.  Gyne does not cause you any of your problems since you show none of the symptons.

I have it at size 40-C.
You are "NORMAL" in the chest dept for your age.

G

Offline Spleen

HHH, what's not "normal" is the perception that any nipple/chest shape that is not equivalent to some percieved ideal is gynecomastia.  

cade87, eat healthy, work out and lose the bookmark to this site.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024