Author Topic: My Story - 32 yrs old - Dr. Dolezal  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
Well this is the first post in a series of post I will do documenting the next few weeks.  I am 32 and I have what 3 PS call a case of Gyne that is a 6 on a scale of 1-10.  For all of you who are quick to point out weight issues, I know that I can stand to lose a few lbs.  I am currently 6' 3" and I weigh around 208.  I was about 225 5 months ago and have lost some weight since.

I have had this condition as long as I can remember. It was less in high school, but seems to have gotten worse during the last 15 years as I have gotten older, went up and down in weight etc.  I don't need to go into all of the pshycological terror this has caused me as I am sure the rest of you with this condition already know.  The point of this post is to hopefully provide some help to others out there with the condition so you can do something about it (if thats what you choose).

On Thursday (1.5 days from now) I am going in for lipo of my chest, abdomen and flanks.  I was originally going to only do the chest, but the Dr. made me a great deal to do the flanks and abdomen.  All together, my total surgery is costing $7,200. If he had done just the chest it would have been 5,000.

The procedure I am having done is Vaser (lipo selection), which is a relatively new technology that is much less aggressive than traditional lipo.  To learn more about it you can go to their site. I think it is www.liposelection.com.

Because I am having the abdomen and flanks done in additon to the chest, my Dr. is actually going to use a epideral vs. happy gas, and/or a local.  I am not sure about this since I have really not seen any other postings of people having this done, but the Dr. doing it has apparently done thousands of these and epiderals are what are used in woman giving birth so I think they are relatively safe today.

I was very excited to finally be doing something about this...getting the surgery, but now as I am getting close I am getting a little nervous, not as much about the results, more fearful of surgery.  I know that it is extrely unlikely there woudl be any complications, but I am little worried, which I guess is normal.

I intend to document my entire process over the next few months so that you can all see how my resuts turn out.

Wish me luck!

Here are my pictures...I have a combination of fat and gland.  My legs are actually chicken legs, so if I had this fat evenly spread around my body I would probably be fine.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions!

I will post something the day of my surgery and I'lll try to do something everyday after.

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
One other thing I wanted to add.

For my post op treatment the doctor has me going every other day to visit a therapist in another office who happens to be his wife.  They do an ultrasonic massage, which is supposed to help with the look, healing, scar, etc....  I have not seen anyone else doing anything like this, other than on their own.

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
Well I am now about 4 hours post op and I feel pretty good.  The Doctor went with a spinal shot as well as some local sedation for my chest.  I took a peak,  but can't really tell anything....I did see a lot of brusing similar to what I have seen in others cases.

I am on light duty tomorrow, but then go in for ultrasonic massage on Saturday. I think I can then take a shower on Saturday so I will be able to take some pictures.

I may be wasting my time with all of this, but again I am just doing it in hopes that others will benefit from this story.

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
Good luck.  It sounds like your PS is doing some pretty unique things with the spinal and PO treatments.  If it works, people will love to hear about it.  Don't get discouraged if people don't respond right away.  People ususally chime up when something is simillar to their case, or they have questions.  When you post the PO pics everyone will respond.

Offline aloe

• Bronze Member
Best of luck.   And never take a busy signal as a personal rejection.  ::)

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?

Here are my 1 day post op pictures.  Not much to look at because I can't take the vest off yet.  Although you are going to see bruising in the pictures, I have little or no pains. On a scale of 1-10 I would say I am a 1 and that pain only comes when my son tries to crawl on me and puts direct pressure on my chest.

On Saturday I go in for the first is a series of post-op ultrasound massages which are supposed to help with the skin tightening and the smoothness/ contouring.

By the way, 5 days before my op my doctor wrote me a prescriptoin for pain in case I needed it. The prescription was for Dolvik Plus (I may be misspelling Dolvick).  I took one of the Dolvick's 3 days before my surgery...I had a headache and wanted to see if it would help.....it did not.  I told the Dr. and he wrote me new prescription for a generic version of Vicodin.  I took one last night just in case I was to get any pain during the night, but didnt really need it.  I am really surprised. The lack of pain is probably due to the procedure I had liposelection vs. liposuction.

Well enough talk, here are the pictures.

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
Well it is now Sunday morning (Chicago Time) and I am 2.5 days post op.  I finally got to take a shower this morning (albeit with the garment on), but I feel much better.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the pain for me was really little or nothing the day after my surgery, but yesterday I was a little sore.  Kinda like I did a heavy work out, but nothing a few pain pills couldnt knock down.

On Saturday morning I went the the physical therapist who works with my PS. She did ultrasound to try and prevent/ break up scar tissue and she also did electrostimulation to help bring down the swelling.  In addtiion to that the only other thing I have done is put ice packs on my chest, which my Dr. says brings down the swelling. He did say that we will switch to hot packs after a few days?

Well enough talk for now, here are my pictures as of this morning. Let me know what you all think. I know that my left side looks a little bigger than the right, but I am hoping that is just swelling.

The bruises look alot worse than they feel. They are a little tender, but don't hurt!

Let me know what you think.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
you look great.  I'm sure you know and are happy with the outcome.  good luck

Offline needhelpnow

• Posting Member
congrats man you really do look good after surgery!

Offline samgyne28

• Bronze Member
Yeah you look excellent.  Results seem really good. Keep us posted now about the bruising and pain etc..  Have the bruise marks all gone?  Does it hurt when you touch.
Most importantly, did the lipo get rid of breast tissue(gland) or was it all fat?  Because I have no fat but breast tissue / gland and was told that lipo cant do anything for it and that I need to get ecision.  Look fwd to hearing from you..

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
Thanks for your feedback guys...I appreciate it.  I am going to take some picutres this weekend and post them. Tomorrow is my 2 week post op.

The bruises, pain, numbness and all have 99% gone away.  I am still a little tingly around my nippled, but I imagine based on how it has been going that this will improve in the coming week.

All in all I am about a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10 as far as my pleasure with my result.  I am not sure if I am being do hard on myself of if I am being impatient, but it seems like I still have breast tissue. I cant tell though, it may be scar tissue.

I have been going to physicall therapy (about 5 times now) for ultrasound massage and electrostimulation. One smooths out the bumpiness and the other helps reduce swelling.

My wife says things look much better,  but I feel like I still have little moobs.  Right after surguery (2 days) I did see my Dr. to get stitches out and he made the comment about ("well you don't want to totally flat, you want some contour") and although I agree with him, I am concerned that our expectatoins may not have been as aligned as they shoudl have been.......THIS IS A HUGE HINT TO YOU OTHERS considering surgery.  Try to find out where the Dr. puts your case on a scale of 1-10 and then ask him/her what they think it will be post op.  That way you can prepare yourself.

At this point I am going to wait another 2 weeks for more swelling to go down before I start complaining and requesting a second procedure, but as of right now I see that coming.  It really sucks to think that I might have to get another 8+ puncture holes for another procedure.  Surgery is always risky and part of me wants to just be happy I survived the 1st with no complications.  I wonder if second surgery is more risky?

Oh well, again I will post pictures this weekend.

Offline Lifes2short

• Posting Member
  • Why wait any longer?
Well here are my 14 day post op pictures. If you take the time to look at my befores you will notice that there is improvement albeit not to where I am satisfied.  I know that I still have some swelling, but I don't think what I still have hanging around will go down with swelling.  I am also dieting and excerising now (ok per Dr.) to try and lose the 15 extra lbs. I am carrying around.

Let me know you honest thoughts. Brutal truth welcome.  I am calling the Dr. on Monday to schedule a follow up with him at which point I intend to tell him I want another round.  I am fine with the stomach/ flanks part, I can work that with excercise, but the moobs still need to be flatter.

Does anyone know how long before they can go back in?  Can he do it right away or do I have to wait for a period of time?

Also, I continue to have little or no pain. I had liposelection and I believe that might be why.  I have had low pain during this entire journey.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Your 2 week photos don't look as good as your previous ones.  I had lipo only and was in a great deal of pain for weeks.  My case before surgery was a little less noticable than yours but I still had a lot  of lipo with lots of bruising.  My chest is extremely flat.  I really didn't have much swelling.  I wore a vest for 1 week then underarmour for 3 weeks.  I had one incision under my armpit and one under the breast. I don't see your incision under the pit. I think that is how he removed most of the fat.  I didn't ask my ps but most people on this board state that you usually wait 6 months to a year for revisions. I know my ps said previous to surgery that he has done a few revisions in the past at no charge.  

Offline silly_guy

• Silver Member
After swelling goes down and you lose that 15 lbs you're talking about, I bet you'll look great.

Your chest looks like my father-in-laws, he looks pretty good, he's just got better definition.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:45:51 AM by silly_guy »

Offline jones357

• Silver Member
I am a little surprised you can pinch that much. I have been doing to pinch test to remind myself how much I have gone down.  I would work out before I think about a revision.  I am 4 week PO and I don't look great, but I think I look a lot better than before.  But in fairness to my PS.  I haven't touched a weight in years.  I can't expect a well defined chest unless I lift weights.  I just hope that when I lift now, my chest will actually look good, since th gyne has been reduced.  

Who else did you consult.  I am from Chicago too. I never heard of your PS. Not that it means anything.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 07:57:29 AM by jones357 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024