Author Topic: Psuedo-gyne vs. gyne  (Read 9240 times)

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
Hi, Everyone. This is my first post. Please forgive me if I ask a "stupid" question but I'm new to all this and just trying to figure out what's best for me.  

well, i don't have huge breasts to my knees or anything but i do have a little bit of extra fat there and kinda' puffy nips. when my chest is cold and nips erect then i love how much chest looks, so it's not like i have huge breasts. That's why i'm gonna' try diet/exercise/weights first to lose fat/tone muscle before i turn to surgery as an option.

but i was thinking about if it's really fat or something else and that i got me thinking. i travel a lot around the world and it seems like in cultures where people are relatively thin, I don't see gynecomastia.  I mean, if you look at pics of starving people in 3rd world countries--do the men there have gyne? i don't think so. none that i've seen. that makes me think that this problem does (for most people) stem from fat.  their body isn't breaking down "glands" or "breast tissue" cuz the women in those countries have breasts even though they are stick-thin. so they must be losing fat and thus they don't have gyne (or pseudo-gyne).

i'm not advocating starvation as a treatment for gyne and i'm sure that there are some cases where diet/fat has nothing to do with gyne, but it just seems to me like maybe fat has a lot more to do with gyne than we think.

anyway, like i said i'm a newbie and those are just some observations of mine. you don't see men with gyne in somalia for example.

oh, well. all i can do now is diet and exercise cuz i can't afford surgery and my insurance won't cover it. luckily mine isn't so bad that i have to wear a bra. i wear t-shirts and stuff but i feel very uncomfortable showing my body or wearing tight-fitting clothes.  

i have a friend who is a phyiscal therapist and trainer and he told me that i am just a little "poofy" there and that diet and exercise can burn away all fat and that i don't need lipo.  

i don't know what to believe anymore. but wish me luck in my journey! thanks everyone.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Well.. to be honest when you turn on the TV and see americans on the news you dont exactly see Gynecomastia either, thats not to say it isent there. Yes you do see obese people, that does not equal gynecomastia. Puffy nipples as you have is Real Gynecomastia and depending on the degree will need surgery to fix. Notice how very obese men can still have perfectly flat nipples.

Loosing weight will certainly help you, but I belive that unless you get surgery your nipples will always appear puffy. If you posted some pictures it would definatly help me asses your situation.

EDIT: 300th post!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:35:52 PM by Allan7865 »

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
yeah...i know what you mean about obesity not equaling gyne. one of my employees is HUGE...sooo fat...and yet he doesn't have any hint of gyne. and here i am with the puffy nips and i'm wearing 32-waist jeans. what hurts so much is that i'm saving up for a down payment for a house and now i have to decide..do i wanna' put off buying a house to go under the knife? it seems like vanity but it's not. it bothers me so if exercise doesn't help then i'm sure i'll get it done.

anyway, congrats on your 300th post and thanks for the response. i appreciate it.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Yeah you dont sound very overweight. 32 is a very normal size jean. I dont want you starving yourself in vain to get rid of puffy nipples. Whats your height weight if you dont mind me asking, also how old are you.

I'm sorry about the very tough decision on the surgery or house. I consider myself very lucky for not having to make such a choice.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
no, i'm not that overweight. i'm about 5'10'' and i'm like 187lbs but some of that is muscle weight and not fat. when i look in the mirror i can see the outline of my abs (though not really a six-pack) but i still have a layer of fat over it. i wear size 32 jeans, which like you said is about average (actually i think the average now for american men is 34). and my chest really isn't THAT bad. like i said, when my nips are cold i love the way my chest looks, so it's really just a little extra fat or gland (i dunno which). also if i bend at the waist i can see my chest kinda hanging down some, which i think is a little extra skin. i used to weigh more but never really fat. chubby maybe. i've mentioned lipo to several people and they were like "you don't need that, you look fine" but that's because they can't really see my chest. if i wear a shirt with even just a little slack in the front then i'm kinda' well hidden. but if it's even just a little tight then it looks "poofy" there, as indicated by one of my friends (which i guess i already knew). i'm 26 by the way.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 02:56:43 PM by Bradley07 »

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
btw...you said if i posted some pics it might help you asses me. is there a way i could email them to you. i have them here on my desktop. can u post ur email here or private message me or something? i dont really wanna' post them for the world. if u can't then i understand. thanks.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Sure you can PM them to me, just click on my name and the option should come up. Theres a number of sites on the web that can host pictures, I belive theres also an option to post them in with the text on the site. You could always email them if you wish to scott_person@hotmail.com which is my email. I'm just curious if we even have the same thing, puffy nipples is sometimes very vague and the surgical procider to correct them varys.

As for posting your pictures, I wouldent worry to much if your face isent showing. Alot of our members have several pictures already posted.

In my case my nipples themselves werent puffy, but my whole areola was puffy. This did not require lipo but rather excision of the breast tissue, a small incision at the areola line. Hope this helps.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
thanks. i sent u an email so check your junk mail folder if u don't see it. thanks! :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024