Author Topic: Effects of Weight Loss on Gyne  (Read 9071 times)

Offline Champ1234

In some places I have read that losing weight does not affect gyne, but in others I have read that weight loss can reduce the appearance of gyne.  Which is true?

Also, some people say that lifting weights pushes the gyne out and makes it look worse, while others say that weight lifting improves the appearance.  Which is true?

DrBermant

In some places I have read that losing weight does not affect gyne, but in others I have read that weight loss can reduce the appearance of gyne.  Which is true?

Also, some people say that lifting weights pushes the gyne out and makes it look worse, while others say that weight lifting improves the appearance.  Which is true?

Weight loss can help with the fat component of gynecomastia, it will not help with glandular elements.  The problem is that you cannot pick where the fat comes from or goes back onto.

Wearing the extra fat is not healthy.  Check out your risks with a BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index)

Plastic surgery is better after weight loss, losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic surgery is better used for refinement.

Weight Loss, Dealing With Excess Skin of the Chest and Body is also a major emotional issue.

Check out this new section on the emotion of body lift surgery for those after massive weight loss:

Personal experiences and emotions of dealing with weight, loose skin, and body lift surgery.

It does not take much to disturb the cut look of someone with a low body fat % such as a bodybuilder and I have sculpted many.  Bodybuilding can help with fat and muscles, but will not help with gland and you cannot pick where the fat comes from.  My bodybuilding patients typically tell me that what is on top of the muscle gets pushed out further in making bigger muscles.  

You can find some examples of pictures before and after gynecomastia surgery

Here - Gyno and BodyBuilding

Puffy Nipples and Bodybuilding

Here - Gynecomastia and BodyBuilding

Here - Gynecomastia Treatment

and

Here - Gynecomastia BodyBuilding.

I would suggest looking beyond each link's first page at all of the views for each patient to better understand the difference in the look before / after surgery.  There are other examples of lean patients, but thought this would be a good start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
"Plastic Surgery Is Better After Weight Loss"

Very, Very true. Guys, try to get in decent shape prior to surgery.

Offline snugs

• Posting Member
You can see what weight loss did for me here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1139156121;start=

Yes i know i whore that thread out all the time, but this is a question that gets asked a lot :)

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Great picture Sungs:

Same my experience. Gyne don't go away with weight loss.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Gavin

• Posting Member
As for the excess skin issue. You can see that part of it from my pics here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=11;action=display;num=1158594790

As was posted above, if you're losing TONS of weight, the excess skin is very depressing. And there isn't much of a chance that it will go away on its own so surgery is the best way to go.

But exercise and lose as much weight as possible before the operation, 'cause once you have it, you can't really exercise anymore for like a month afterwards, and you might be able to get rid of at least a little more and make the surgery a bit easier on you.

That's what I am hoping anyway.

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Wow, old thread.

I've read the same things. Fat loss made my gyne less noticable, but I clearly still had it.

Weight lifting probably gave more confidence as a person and made me fell better mentally and psychologically than it did physically for my gyno.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024