Author Topic: Costs of surgery  (Read 2990 times)

Offline siteweaver

Hello, All.

My first post. It happened about 5 years ago when someone said 'hey, you have boobs now'. It never occured to me, and although I've always had puffy nipples the thought of having gynecomastia never occured to me. I remember being a kid and my nipples hurting all the time, too.

I always thought my gyne was just because I was fat. So I lost 50 lbs. The problem seemed to remain, maybe even get worse -- because as some of you probably know -- when your fat stomach doesn't hold your shirt out,  the only thing that does is your gyne and you notice it much more then.

So now I am about 180 lbs, could stand to lose about 20 lbs, but I don't think at this point that will help the gyne much. My condition isn't as severe as most, but it's bothering nonetheless. My left side seems to be within "normal socially acceptable range" and the right bothers me a lot.  This is my first public acceptance of this, other than seeing the doctor once.

The plastic surgeon has said that Lipo will cost about $2000. One thing I've noticed on here is that not a lot of you discuss affordability. I got a house, car, etc so a $2000 lipo is not in the cards. I got a lot of credit already, so I don't think financing something like this is a good idea at this point. My insurance of course does not cover it, so what is a guy to do?

I got a huge loan that's paid off in 4 years, after that I can probably fit the cost of a surgery in...is there anything I can do in the meantime to help reduce the appearance?

My family doctor has said all my hormone levels are perfect, so I guess I am one of those 'unexplained' cases.

Offline lafilip

• Posting Member
My surgery was just under $5,000.00 :'(

Offline yumurta

• Posting Member
wooow guys, seems like i'm paying only 1/5 of you.. just a suggestion come to Turkey and take your chance..

Offline norfar1

• Posting Member
who did you find that can do it for that cost? is he good? is he in the dallas area?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024