Author Topic: excess skin, fat under arm-pits  (Read 9291 times)

Offline GyneWithTheWind

• Posting Member
cheers

I am due to have surgery sometime in the near future and according to my consultation i will def. be having lipo(possibly micro-lipo) along with gland excision...so best of both worlds right? lol. anyways, the doctor, when examining my glorious gyne mentioned that i did have some excess skin.  I'm 19 years old, so elasticity is obviously better than if i were 45, but at the same time, its not like the pubescent years.  Im fairly certain that the PS will not remove any skin; should this even be a concern of mine?  

And also, I mentioned to the doctor that I feel i have excess skin/fat(mostly a little protrusion) where my armpit meets, when i have both arms down by my sides.  I can pinch them(not a whole lot) but there is something tangible there.  the PS said he didnt notice any higher level of fat, but i can obviously see fat.   what is your opinion in this matter? I appreciate your take on this ::)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 06:44:29 PM by GyneWithTheWind »

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
if your overall BF% is relatively high, then the fatty area you are discussing under your arm may be normal. if you are in single digit bodyfat percentages and when your arms are hanging down you have a fatty protrusion from under your arm then that is abnormal.

if the doc says its' normal, then most likely it'll go away simply by bringing down your BF%

Offline GyneWithTheWind

• Posting Member
I weigh 150lbs and am around 5'10 or '11.   according to the body fat index i am right smack in the middle of average weight.  so therefore i am not obese, but i do have this unsightly Gyne.  I guess its easy to loose that fat, esp if the surrounding area is treated w/ lipo?

Offline natasha007x

Hi
I am over weight, long battle, but the weight seems to be mostly in my upper body... i have great legs and hips and small behind.  Anyway, I'm seriously thinking about having the fat under my arms (near my breasts) removed, does anyone know about this procedure and risks etc...
anything you can offer will be very appreciated,
thank you
natasha

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
GyneWithTheWind:

I always thought that the PS would just remove the gland and fat and hope the skin shrinks. If it doesn't, they would schedule the skin removal in a separate procedure.  This cuts down on up front costs to you, although it may ultimately be more if a 2nd procedure is needed.  I'm sure if you're grossly overweight, he may take the skin the first time.

I had excision and lipo and although they got all the fat out of my chest, I still have a bit of fat under the armpit area, where it ties into my chest.

It really doesn't look that bad, but I wish I would have told him to remove that too.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024