Author Topic: Paybacks are Fun  (Read 5549 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Recently I went into the local Wal-Mart with my wife and two of my Grand daughters, They are 16 and 18 years old.

The store was being remodeled so there was a shortage of available registers.

To save time, I went directly into the check-out line while the girls went their separate ways to shop.

I was in line behind a young couple, The girl hanging on to her guy.

He turned back, looked at me then said to his girl, "That is sooo Gay" mentionining my bulging chest.

He recalled something else he wanted to get, so he left his girl-friend to hold the place in line.

I told the girl that the young man was wrong, The condition simply runs in my family.  I also told her that I was concerned about any man that had so much interest in the sexuality of other men. It could indicate that he was bisexual, and if that was true, she would be at high risk of disease if they were intimate.

My granddaughters and wife arrived and it was obvious that we were family.

The young man returned and eventually we reached the cashier. As they left, the girl was not hanging onto the young mans arm as before, but walking with enough distance between them to park a truck.

I'm sure I messed up the rest of his day.

Gynecomastia is something unto itself, it is not an indicator of anyones sexuality. The more the truth gets out the better off we all will be.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:03:53 PM by Paa_Paw »
Grandpa Dan

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
There would have been a fight for sure if I was in your place.

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i'm the total opposite..it would have hurt me immensely but i would just ignore it. i believe in karma. everything you do comes back to you. sometimes we aren't around to see it happen to those people to whom we would like to see it happen...but it always happens. i have NO doubt in my mind about that.  

soooo...now watch what happens to that guy--he's gonna end up taking some medicine or develop some medical condition that causes gyne (or something even worse) and then someone is going to comment on HIS condition and then he'll know what it's like.  that's what karma is all about. a balancing of experiences.

but being a gay man, i can say 100% that you are correct about the guy even if you were just trying to screw with them. a heterosexual man doesn't spend much time talking about whether someone is gay or bi or whatever and in my life all the guys that make comments like that ARE the biggest in-the-closet gays that you will ever know.   i've heard guys make comments like that in front of their girlfriends and then they are hitting on me later.   they talk about "gay gay gay" because that's what's on THEIR minds.

anyway...people just need to treat others how they'd want to be treated. didn't they teach that in kindergarten?   ::)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Bradley,

I think you made some good points.

nonini,

There were two men standing there, one of them was being a complete idiot. there was not really any good reason for me to make it unanimous.

In my late teens, A guy pinched me quite hard. I grabbed his hand and yanked so violently that his shoulder was dislocated. That would have been over 50 years ago. I guess I have mellowed out somewhat since then.

With respect to Gay issues:  
I had a friend many years ago who was Gay and he wanted me to meet some of his Gay friends. I declined, Telling my friend that it would be unfair to introduce them as Gay.  My friend could not understand that, after all, He was Gay. You were first my friend, who just happened to be Gay. Your label is "Friend". I think it would be unfair to meet someone who starts off with the label of Gay. I hope I made some sense out of this.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Anyway...people just need to treat others how they'd want to be treated. didn't they teach that in kindergarten?   ::)

"Do unto others...."  we all know the rest....  ;)

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!

"Do unto others...."  we all know the rest....  ;)

John.

......before they do unto you?  

Sorry... The pain medicine's making me say that.  ::)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
that's scary. exactly how bad is the pain??  ??? sorry--i'm going for a consult in a few weeks and i see you're taking pain medication.  :-/

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Don't be scared.  It's not too bad, really.  I've read posts that say it's about like working out really hard and getting sore.  That's kind of accurate, but if I reach or turn the wrong way it's gonna hurt.  If I'm still I can't even feel it.  I'm taking oxycodone with acetaminophen, but not often and 1/2 the dose I was told I could take.  I've only had one pill this morning because I was a little stiff and sore getting out of bed.  The stuff makes me very relaxed at telling people pretty much what's on my mind, though.   My wife said she would never try on clothes in front of me while I'm taking this stuff.  ;)

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
How does anyone know that the guy was making a homosexual reference?  I have a 14 year old daughter and she's in the habit of constantly making comments about "this is gay" or "that is gay", but she's not referring to sexuality.

For instance, if her favorite band isn't on the cover of this month's favorite teen magazine, then she'll talk about how "gay" that is.  Now, her mother and I have tried to get her to stop doing this, since the reference (although not deliberately aimed at gays) is being used as an insult towards something she dislikes.  Still, though, the term "that's so gay" is widely used within the teenage / 20something group.  Is it possible that the guy was making a statement in THAT context and not making a reference to actual sexuality?  

Either way, it doesn't make what he said right or acceptable.  I just think that everyone is kind of jumping the bandwagon with the assumption that this idiot was making a homosexual reference, that's all...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:43:18 PM by Warlord »

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member

BTW, I loved the fact you got some justice by using your mind and wisdom, instead of getting into a physical altercation...

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
My wife said she would never try on clothes in front of me while I'm taking this stuff.  ;)

LOL!  :)

Offline nomoregyno

• Posting Member
WOW. I have never had someone say anything like that to me.  I have always known a way to hide it I guess.

Offline O.B.

• Posting Member

LOL.

I like this, because you made her think, hence worth your while. You did not resort to being spiteful which gives you credability. More of us should have the breasts to be so courageous.

Cheers!
O.B.

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Should have wasted him Paa...
... and the saga continues

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
He was not worth the effort of a physical confrontation.

And as to a verbal confrontation, I'm too much a gentleman to engage in a contest of wits with an unarmed opponent.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024