Author Topic: Puffy nipples @ 4mths post op  (Read 4272 times)

Offline puffnip4

I went in for surgery May 2006 for glandular excission removal and liposuction. Yes, like others my chest was much flatter but I had steri strips on. About 2 weeks latter they puffed out again. The doctor told me I look great, I can agree my chest is smaller but the nips are not flat. I went back at the end of Aug 06 and he took the b4 and after pictures, yes you can tell the difference, By the way , I am 5 9 and 160. The scar is still hard and when I push on the nipple it still is tender. The doctor says give it more time, my next appt is in Nov 06. Does anyone know what's going on here? Is this scar tissue or fluid? When I push on my nipple nothing is behind it? It feels like a whole. Will this get flatter as time goes on. I feel like this surgery was a waste of my hard earned money? Any advice or suggestions. I am already thinking about revision!! :(

Offline nonini

• Silver Member

Offline cuz

• Posting Member
Bro, I have had the same thing.  I'm going for my 4th surgery tomorrow.  Here's the story.

Got gyno at puberty, glandular only, no fat.  It went away on its own.  Began using steroids and it came back.  Had it remved by a PS, glandular only, no lipo.  It looked great right after surgery.  About 1.5 to 2wks later, hard lumps under incision.  Doc says its scar tissue and will go away.  It didn't.  Had surgery again.  Looked great.  1.5 to 2 wks later same thing but only in left nip.  Doc said it will go away.  It didn't.

10 yrs later in May of this year had surgery again only on left nip by different PS.  Results, same.  Looked great right after surgery and about 2 wks later lump again.  He said it's scar tissue and will go away.  4 months later lump is still there and I'm going back for my 4th surgery.

If your situation is like mine then you may need another surgery.  Both docs gave me corticosteroid injections in the lumps and they did not work.  Try giving it another month or so and see if the lump disappears.

Good luck.

By the way, both docs told me the same thing about nips looking fine but they don't.  I have asked others about this and no one can tell me why its happening.  Its not steroids bcause I have been clean for a while and both docs were aware of my use.

Offline randomuser1

• Posting Member
cuz, those lumps are scar tissue you have and u need to massage and make them go away, if u keep getting surgery its gonna get more lumpier and harder to go away as more scars build up.....

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Bro, I have had the same thing.  I'm going for my 4th surgery tomorrow.  Here's the story.

Got gyno at puberty, glandular only, no fat.  It went away on its own.  Began using steroids and it came back.  Had it removed by a PS, glandular only, no lipo.  It looked great right after surgery.  About 1.5 to 2wks later, hard lumps under incision.  Doc says its scar tissue and will go away.  It didn't.  Had surgery again.  Looked great.  1.5 to 2 wks later same thing but only in left nip.  Doc said it will go away.  It didn't.

10 yrs later in May of this year had surgery again only on left nip by different PS.  Results, same.  Looked great right after surgery and about 2 wks later lump again.  He said it's scar tissue and will go away.  4 months later lump is still there and I'm going back for my 4th surgery.

If your situation is like mine then you may need another surgery.  Both docs gave me corticosteroid injections in the lumps and they did not work.  Try giving it another month or so and see if the lump disappears.

Good luck.

By the way, both docs told me the same thing about nips looking fine but they don't.  I have asked others about this and no one can tell me why its happening.  Its not steroids bcause I have been clean for a while and both docs were aware of my use.

so u had surgery initially 10+ years ago? thats when gyne surgery woulda been in its infancy.

Can I ask you mate, if you keep having surgery and keep ending up with scar tissue each time, why are you continuing to pursue a surgical route??

I know with myself.. I have had 2 surgeries and both times I was super stoked for the first few weeks, and then bitterly dissapointed a few weeks later when scar tissue built up, leaving it looking like gyne (albeit somewhat lesser than the original gyne but still bad enough), all over again.
I was asking my ps about the prospects of a third surgery and he said he was putting his foot down, as there was nothing left to remove aside from scar tissue, which is just gonna build up again. Im starting to think on his wavelength too here.

Its just how some people's bodies are (like mine unfortunately) - theyre gonna produce scar tissue after these surgeries every time, no matter what.

Im now wondering what other options for dealing with long term (6+months) scar tissue are..... (Ive already had one shot of cortisone yet to no avail).

so anyway.. when's your 4th op scheduled for?
Id be very very keen to speak to you around 2/3 weeks post-op 4 to see how youre getting on ..

cheers mate
T
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 06:45:07 PM by tonysoprano »
... and the saga continues

Offline mexicano

• Posting Member
Hi  i got puffy nipples (I like it) and a little fat (I don`t), I start lifting weight it look so much better but i still got fat there, is there a chance i can get the op without losing my puffy nips? i think is sexy to me, but not the fat`.
I don`t want to lose the changing rounded puffy nips, just the fat.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024