Author Topic: 1 year post-op  (Read 8990 times)

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, new here.  Just a little about myself.  Got gyno about 5 years ago after I did a cycle of testosterone cypionate.  Didnt use anti-e like an idiot and got gyno.  Anyway, had surgery about a year and a half ago with some crappy doc who said all I needed was lipo (My fault cuz I new I had gland and should have not let him convince me that lipo would do the trick).  6 months after i had another surgery with a doc in Los Angeles (will reveal name later).  Did excision of tissue and lipo.  Chest looks ok but nipps are still puffy and protrude.   Went to see an endoc and he injected the nipps with corticosteroids since he thinks it may be scar tissue.  Almost 2 weeks later no change.  Im guessing I still have some gland left and need it removed.   I hope that isnt the case but if it is my PS better do it for free.  One last thing I had a prescription for the test I used.  I was waaay too skinny and needed it to put on some weight.  

Offline Gyno_sucks

• Posting Member
Just wondering has anyone had this problem with scar tissue underneath the nipple and some surrounding area and have seen results with steroid injections (non-anabolic of course) :)

Offline beigedickies

• Posting Member
I'd recommend that you post in the gynecostamia talk section because its more populated.  I think this section is reserved for talking about surgery experiences and not what you should do and stuff.

DrBermant

Hey everyone, new here.  Just a little about myself.  Got gyno about 5 years ago after I did a cycle of testosterone cypionate.  Didnt use anti-e like an idiot and got gyno.  Anyway, had surgery about a year and a half ago with some crappy doc who said all I needed was lipo (My fault cuz I new I had gland and should have not let him convince me that lipo would do the trick).  6 months after i had another surgery with a doc in Los Angeles (will reveal name later).  Did excision of tissue and lipo.  Chest looks ok but nipps are still puffy and protrude.   Went to see an endoc and he injected the nipps with corticosteroids since he thinks it may be scar tissue.  Almost 2 weeks later no change.  Im guessing I still have some gland left and need it removed.   I hope that isnt the case but if it is my PS better do it for free.  One last thing I had a prescription for the test I used.  I was waaay too skinny and needed it to put on some weight.  

Gynecomastia surgery does not prevent gland regrowth, prevention is better than needing further surgery.  

Tissue evolution after surgery depends on the original problem, what was done, after care, scar care, how you heal and other factors.  Scars can be external and or internal.  If an external contour deformity or motion deformity are problems, secondary surgery may be an option.

Going to an endocrinologist to treat scars is like asking a plastic surgeon to prescribe hormone treatements for an underlying endocrinology problem!  For my patients with endocrinology problems, I defer to an endocrinologist for treatment issues.  Scar care and treatment options are best individualized for each patient.  I use a variety of techniques for each of my patients depending on many factors.  Such issues are best explored with your surgeon or someone who you see for a second opinion.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Vizia

• Silver Member
  • (.Y.)
Dr. Bermant, do doctors charge for a second surgery to remove any remaining "stuff"? If so, what's the average fee? I paid $3,000 for my initial tumescent surgery.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God

DrBermant

Dr. Bermant, do doctors charge for a second surgery to remove any remaining "stuff"? If so, what's the average fee? I paid $3,000 for my initial tumescent surgery.

Fees for revision surgery vary depending on the problem to be treated, techniques needed, and from doctor to doctor.  A second surgeon is not going to waive fees to revise another surgeon's patient.  Revision surgery can vary from something very minor to a major undertaking needing hours of sculpture.

For their own patients, each surgeon has their own revision policy that can vary depending on the reason for the revision and other factors.  Surgery does not prevent regrowth.  If a patient gains alot of weight after surgery or grows more gland, most surgeons view the condition as a different problem than remaining tissue.  

I prefer techniques that minimize the need for revision surgery.  Although I have revised many patients from other doctors, revisions for my patients have been very low. For the very few of my patients I have revised, each is evaluated on a case by case basis.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024