Author Topic: is surgery the only answer  (Read 4088 times)

Offline seadog

I'm new to the forum, but like most, have been dealing with this problem for a long time. I'm 30, in excellent shape, and have always blamed my breasts on left over flab from before I got in shape, about 4 years ago. It's pretty obvious that I'd been fooling myself, but now that I know what the problem is, is surgery the only (or best) answer.

I'm 5'8" 158 lbs. with the left breast much larger. I'm in the military for the past 3 years and this is starting to become more of an issue for me. I plan on seeing a Dr. asap and would also appreciate some recommendations for the Washington DC area, particularly the Northern VA side of town.

Gine2D

If you insist on surgery, the have the military do it for free.

I prefer the no surgery route as my answer.  

Millions of guys have breasts & no surgery. They live with what they got.  Look around in the malls & on the beach, you see them everywhere..

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
Millions of guys have breasts & no surgery. They live with what they got.  Look around in the malls & on the beach, you see them everywhere..

I can promise you that most of them do not know that what they have is possible a hormone imbalance and that no amount of exercise / weight training will remedy their breast problem.  I did not know this until I was looking online for tips to working out my chest (to hide my gyno) and then I stumbled onto this site.  Many guys have to learn to live with it but I'm sure they'd prefer a life without breasts (as I do).

I do agree with you though.  Nobody has to get surgery - it's a personal preference.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 08:18:51 AM by nukem2k5 »
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
  • Gyne Free since April 27, 2005

I can promise you that most of them do not know that what they have is possible a hormone imbalance and that no amount of exercise / weight training will remedy their breast problem.  I did not know this until I was looking online for tips to working out my chest (to hide my gyno) and then I stumbled onto this site.  Many guys have to learn to live with it but I'm sure they'd prefer a life without breasts (as I do).

same here

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
I think my life would be easier if I never learned about gyno. It didn't bother me as much before as it does now.

i'm the opposite..knowing i wasn't a freak was a big relief...and i know how anti-surgery you are and i don't mean to offend you, but it gave me the courage to go get surgery (which was the best thing i ever did)....

Offline toronto

• Silver Member
i think a lot of people are happy with surgery..the people that aren't fall into 2 categories, people who had unrealistic expectations, and people who were really butchered..

u can reduce the chances of being "butchered" if you go to someone who has experience..

as for expectations, maybe that's what should be emphasized when warning people about surgery...

i had surgery, no my chest isn't perfect..yes i can wear a tshirt and look normal, that's what i wanted at the outset, so far i have it, and so far i'm happy...

Offline P1mp

• Posting Member
If you are having glandular problems then yes. I took it to an extreme trying exercise dropping my weight to 160 (im atleast 185 naturally) running 10 miles every other day and benching about 320lbs all of these things didn't even come close to getting rid of my gyno after more than two years of this routine...late.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024