Author Topic: Addressing the parents...  (Read 5321 times)

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I'm pretty new here, but I'm a long-time reader... so I know for a fact I have a severe case of Gyne...

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

The only problem is that I have no idea how to address my parents about it... I'm sure a lot of questions will be asked... it's so embarrassing, I have no idea how to do it... but I know for a fact I have to... I can't live with this condition any further... can I get some help on how someone might have done it? How do you tell the ol' folks, you want to get surgery to improve your life in general? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Im actually facing the same dilema.

I have already booked a consultation with a PS. And I have the intention of getting the surgery done before summer. And I also know that sooner or later, confronting my parents will be inevitable. Specially for the fact that Im actually living with them right now.

I remember exactly the last time when my father saw me without a shirt on. It was 6-7 years ago, I was sick as hell...in the hospital and the doctor asked me to undress. He left for 15 minutes, and there I layed in that small room almost naked in front of my dad. He made a comment, saying something like my body is very weak and had a discussed look on his face. He could've stabbed me in the chest right there and the results would've been the same. Having said that, he's still a great father.

Im convinced at 99% that if I confront him about this condition, and explain to him what gynecomastia really is, he would actually understand. My mom im convinced at 100% she would understand.

But still to this day I never had the courage. The humiliation that I would feel in the process never gave me the courage.

But when I think of it, I know that they know my chest isn't normal. Even tough I never show myself shirtless infront of them, after leaving with me for 22 years they know. Same for my sisters.

The prefect scenario for me would be to have the surgery in total secret. Nobody ever finding out. I play sports on a regular basis, so even tough I have a slight excess of weight, I could easily join a gym and lose it all. They could be under the impression that I falttened my chest in the process. But that's not too realistic, specially when you consider me still living with them.

Offline kenyo

• Posting Member
Hi,  your parents have probably noticed your gyne before but probably didn't say anything cuz they didn't want you to be self-concious. I pretty much had the same problem.

In mycase I started noticably working out and eating right more in the few months before the suregery.

Then I lied and told them that a school doctor told me I had this condition called 'gynecomastia' during a routine check up, and explained that working out wouldn't make it go away and stuff.

My parents were more supportive than I expected, even kinda proud that I paid for the procedure myself.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 05:38:42 AM by kenyo »

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
Wow dude, that's helped me tons, thanks for the help bro... The moment of truth shall be told tonight...

Thanks to everyone here for their support.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2006, 01:09:27 PM by ColdPizza »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
The moment of truth shall be told tonight...

Are you going to talk to Mum and Dad today?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline nasa3

• Silver Member
  • kill this thing and skip rope with its intestines
Hey man

Depending on the type and severity of the surgery you are undergoing, you could book yourself a hotel room somewhere in the vicinity and go there for a few days. If it is just lipo, in three or four days, you will be in good enough condition that no one will be able to tell anything, especially if you dont take your sirt off, as all you will have at that point is some minor swelling and probably major discoloration, ie, bruising of the chest. Just a thought.

God Bless

nasa
Bilateral liposuction 5/20/02 FINAL SURGERY 1-13-15 DR NEIL FINE CHICAGO NORTHWESTERN MEMORIAL

Offline ColdPizza

• Posting Member
The moment of truth shall be told tonight...

Are you going to talk to Mum and Dad today?

GB

Yep, in fact... I'm going to do it right now... wish me luck.  ;D

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Grandpa Bambu

So, how did it go with Mum and Dad dude?

GB

Offline manzeer

• Posting Member
Hope they didn't take his computer away...

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Yo dude, ColdPizza...  where have you gone?

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024