Author Topic: Help me please  (Read 2329 times)

Offline igotgyne

• Posting Member
Hi, I am 15 and I have gynecomastia.It is really embarrasing because I have bigger boobs than most ladys.It has really lowered my confidence level because people mock me about it all the time. I have just heard of this surgery on your forum and I am not sure if its available in my area. Is it expensive? Is it very lenghty? Please help me.

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
It is expensive, anywhere from $4500 to $7,000.  If there are compliacations with the gynecomastia, like pain or leaking or something, there is a chance that your insurance will cover it.  I had the above medical problems with mine and the plastic surgeon filled out a pre-approval type form to my insurance, who turned me down at first.  I appealed the insurance compnay's decision and the second time around they approved it.  The first thing you want to do is talk to your parents and go to your doctor, who will probably point you in the direction of an endocronologist. They will give you a blood test and make sure your body is ok.  From there, you can discuss your options.  If it is fat though and not true gynecomastia, that is a different story and insurance will definitely not pay for it.  These are things you have to find out from your doctor.  Your doctor may suggest waiting a while to see if you grow out of it.  Good luck.

Offline igotgyne

• Posting Member
SO in other words I am screwed, until I manage to come up with 7k

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yes and no.  it's a pain in the a$$, but don't let other people get to you over something that's not your fault.  tell them where to go and keep your peace  >:( 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline clubmember

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024