Author Topic: ...how bad...?  (Read 3631 times)

Offline kcis

I am almost 21yrs old and I recently lost 75+lbs, currently weigh 150 @ 5'9" and I still have a huge gut and man boobs. I eat very healthy and do a good amount of cardio.

Should I go for the surgery? I have gained a lot of confidence after losing that weight, but this is still holding me down. How much is the average surgery?

« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 12:39:37 AM by kcis »

Offline unknownrandom

• Posting Member
congrats on your weight loss.  I think surgery would be a good option,  but lets see what the pros say!

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Definitely try to get the surgery if you can.  I say this, because I lost a bunch of weight at one point, but I was so depressed that I still had man boobs that I ended up putting it all back on.  Surgery costs anywhere from 3-6 grand in the us.  It all depends, but thats a rough estimate.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
bad enough, and bad enough to bother you from the sound of it.  you can see it favors one side.   agree with them ^. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg
Quite a serious case of gyne. Surgery seems to be the best option here. Good luck !!

Offline kcis

I haven't been to any doctor at all in years, do I go to a normal doctor and see what he recommends or go straight to a plastic surgeon specializing in gyno?

Does that 3,000-6,000 estimate include lipo on the stomach and hospital fees?

Offline kcis

I can get cheap insurance through my college, but IDK how much, if any, this will cover?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
save yourself the trip and go straight to a ps who's experienced in gyne.  it's been done, but odds are strongly against getting it covered.  that $ range is total price for just gyne, but where it falls depends on who you see.  you might try a month's weight loss to save yourself the lipo, and it's not bad prep anyway. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024