Author Topic: DONUT PROCEDURE PROBLEM  (Read 7402 times)

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
ok, so i had puffy nips after 2 surgeries...it was always a case of extra skin and my last PS finally helped me out with it. he did the donut procedure, and oh my god, it looked great. skin was so tight, nipples were small and nice....THEN, i went to the doctors again after 3 weeks to get the stitches out...and boom, it went back to a bigger size and sag a little again. it is better, but not how it was with the stitches in...after you get the donut procedure once, can you get it again and go even smaller? or will it just look f'ed up?

Thanks

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member

For the ignoramus’s amongst us .. namely me.  What is the “donut procedure?   It sounds like you saying they stitch your nipples to your pecs to hold your chest in?

Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I hope you can get it again because on Friday I'm going in to reduce my right one a little more.   My PS seems pretty confident about it.

Time_to_fix_it, a donut procedure is where the areola is resized smaller.  The PS cuts a "donut" shaped ring out of the areola with the outer edge being where the light skin meets the dark.  The center, being the nipple and some areola area, is left on your chest.  The light skin is now stretched in and sewn to the edge what's left of the darker areola.  This creates a now smaller areola.  Search Dr. Bermant's web site and you'll find some pictures of the operation.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member

DrBermant

ok, so i had puffy nips after 2 surgeries...it was always a case of extra skin and my last PS finally helped me out with it. he did the donut procedure, and oh my god, it looked great. skin was so tight, nipples were small and nice....THEN, i went to the doctors again after 3 weeks to get the stitches out...and boom, it went back to a bigger size and sag a little again. it is better, but not how it was with the stitches in...after you get the donut procedure once, can you get it again and go even smaller? or will it just look f'ed up?

Thanks

I have had to revise other doctors' Donut Mastopexy Male Chest Tightening deformities.  This patient traveled all the way from Australia for my revision sculpture.  This can be a very tricky skin sculpture.  There are forces that tend to pull the areola large again.  If not balanced, the areola can stretch.  Such issues are best discussed with your doctor or someone you see for a second opinion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:49:05 AM by DrBermant »

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member
I am talking to my surgeon again on Monday. Do most up to date surgeons know how to do the purse string procedure? He didnt leave any sutures in, but i think maybe he should have because it looked great before the stitches came out. Is it possible to get good results without the purse string method?

DrBermant

I am talking to my surgeon again on Monday. Do most up to date surgeons know how to do the purse string procedure? He didnt leave any sutures in, but i think maybe he should have because it looked great before the stitches came out. Is it possible to get good results without the purse string method?

Each surgeon has his/her own preferences.  Superficial suture techniques have their own risks and potential benefits.  Such issues are better discussed with your doctor or someone who can evaluate the problem during a second opinion consultation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline tittyman1111

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024