Author Topic: Fat, Puffy nips, Gyno, Propecia ???? Please take a look.  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Dirtysteve

Ive been aware of my 'Beer boobs' as I call them for several years now. When I saw BBC3 had a gyno program on I watched it and was surprised to see some people on there looking no worse than me. I then found this site and was even more surprised to find some photo's of men having surgery who looked no worse than me. Its made me think I really do have it  :'(. I mentioned it to the girlfriend but she thought I was some over dramatic idiot as I have a 'gorgeous body' (her words), but Im not so sure.
Ive been taking Propecia for almost 4 and a half years now. For those that arent aware its for Male Pattern Baldness and is the exact same drug used for treating prostate cancer, and it has been linked albeit in a small way to gyno. Im also a little out of shape by my standards and drink lots of beer. So is this just the beer kicking in, puffy nipples or gyno, and could the finasteride (drug name for Propecia) have caused it. Please dont say its Gyno unless your pretty sure, and please dont just say go for tests unless you can advise where to go in London area. Thanks for any comments

From the Front

From an angle

Leaning Slightly Forward

Offline weareinittogether

• Posting Member
Unfortunately i think you're in the gyno gang, a lot of people out are but don't know it either, look into surgery with the nhs if it's a problem for you, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Offline outertrial

Please dont say its Gyno unless your pretty sure

Its gyno

and please dont just say go for tests unless you can advise where to go in London area

Ok I wont.

Offline RandomGuy17

• Posting Member
Doesnt look that bad to me, and if it doesnt bother your gf, who cares!! unless its really affecting you obviously...

Offline buble

• Bronze Member
GF's can be biassed though and find their guy hot no matter what, mine always told me that my boobs were fine and I didn't need surgery. Now that I got the surgery, she can't stop laughing at my pre-op pix everytime we look at them (that bitch, haha j/k).  At what age did you start noticing this and how old are you now?  It COULD be linked with the proscar, I think mine might have gotten worse about a year after I started taking it.  I hope they don't come back cuz I'm still on proscar. 

But to be honest, you have NOTHING to worry about, I think you can shape it up with a little bit of exercise.  Good luck
Surgery Date: Jan 9, 2007
Dr. H. Ukani, Vancouver, BC
Pre/post pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/gynecomastia/

Offline Dirtysteve

Thanks for all the replies. Jologs, what do you mean by glandular? does that mean you think its gyno?

Im 30 and have been on proscar for almost 5 years. My main concern is that the proscar could slowly over time make it worse. I think thats just a risk I have to take tho. In the mean time, now its almost summer again I will, as every year get fitter again by running two or 3 times a week, playing fooball etc and will try and do enough to see if I can lose these breasts, and if not will have to treat it as gyno and consider my options.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024