Author Topic: My Surgery - Before and After  (Read 4692 times)

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
Jezz my Doc (Delgado in California) says six weeks minimum.  Every doc is different.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
How long did everyone wear their vest for?

I wore mine for about 2 weeks.

6 weeks? For me that would have been over-kill. However, we all heal at different rates... I suppose Dr. Delgado is making allowances for the 'slow' healers...  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline iki4life

• Posting Member
im 10 days post op, and plan on wearing my vest atleast til the end of the year

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
I also had my op done with Dr. Fielding and now i have a flat chest like yours.

- My bruising was worse than yours but it all goes away.

- I wanted to stop wearing the west after 3 weeks but I felt uncomfortable after going through a day without it so I wore it for another week totalling 4 weeks.

- I had 3 creases on my left nipple which was very obviously early on but it's almost flattened out now so don't worry if you get nipple creases.

- I pulled the tapes off when I stop wearing my vest.. (4 weeks after).

- 5 weeks in, my stitching still didn't dissolve so I gave it a little tug.. didn't feel any discomfort whatsoever so I pulled both of them out and they slid out with no probs.

- You will feel like it's getting worse before it starts to get better... at week 4 there were some hard mass behind my nipples that made it puffy again so I started to massage them and now the hardness has gone away.

- I lost ALL my sensation on my right nipple and now entering into my 8th week post op I'm slowing starting to get some sensation back so don't worry if you've lost sensation in your nipple too.

- The excision on my nipples have healed amazingly.. I don't have any scar lines and you can't even tell that they were cut open =D

Hmmm.. I think that its.

Cheers all.
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024