Author Topic: My surgeon doesnt have a clue....  (Read 2710 times)

Offline TM

• Posting Member
I had a "lipo-only surgery" done in december of 06. The breasts are still there and thats when I started doing research and found this forum. I met with my surgeon for the last time today, mostly for closure. I was debating on even seeing him for my 9 month post-op appointment, but I decided I need to hear what he has to say. He did admit that there was still tissue, that was a relief because 3 months ago he said there wasn't. I didnt mention anything about doing a gladular removal thinking he would initiate the procedure. He didnt. He suggested we do a "more aggressive liposuction to the tissue." Not once did he say anything about the gland. I then realized this guy doesnt have a clue about gyne and how to solve it, and Im eager to find a new doc that does.

The moral to my experience is dont go with a surgeon that says liposuction will fix gynecomastia.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it's slightly more complicated.  lipo will work in cases where the tissue is large and diffuse.  unfortunately, in denser gland cases like yours or mine, some ps's are idiots and think they can turn lead into gold just because they can poke a cannula around. 

yours is unfortunately not the first case like this, they're common.  but the fact these guys fail this often to me says they're really responsible for not knowing what lipo can't do as well as what it can. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
sorry man

what you expected to be cured with one surgery is gunna have to be repeated again.

hope you can afford it all

take care

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
TM is correct. His surgeon doesn't have a clue.

It boggles my mind how a surgeon can engage him or herself in this proceedure with such a lack of education in gynecomastia.

This should be stopped. There needs to be some type of medical educational requirment before any doctor can sell this surgery.

What blows my mind is  we ALL had to take a drivers test to prove ourselves competent before the state would issue a dtivers license. So how can a doctor be allowed to do this surgery without proving competent!

The FAA would not issue my pilots license untill I flew with a flight examiner who witnessed my ability to handle the aircraft.
in addition, your commercial pilot must pass periodic flight reviews to keep flying.

SO WHY ISN'T THERE SOME TYPE OF REGULATION AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN THE PLASTIC SURGERY BUSINESS TO PREVENT THIS KIND OF ACCIDENT FROM HAPPENING?

Its time. And yes, "accident" is the correct word.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024