Author Topic: Recovery Question  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
After my surgery, i'll have 5 days at home before i have to head back to University.  My parents don't think i should recover at my house at Uni, since they think i could get infected, bleed everywhere etc and i'll be left to myself to sort out what ever mess may happen.  I can't stay at home during Uni since it's too far to commute to (3 hours), so they want me to postpone the surgery till i get a long break from Uni (3 months later).  I see where they're coming from but my god, i want this surgery as soon as i can as it's already affecting my social life at Uni.  Will it be ok to recover at University and attend my lectures as normal?

My surgeon seems happy with this but my parents are still worried. They did say it was down to me though.

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
You should be fine, you will be sore for a few days afterwards and it is good to have someone look after you for a day or so though.

If bleeding does occur then you could always call an ambulance (bleeding is usually nill or a little so it's not really a bother anyway). Infection can occur anywhere, and it also depends also on how good the surgeon is. If you are super worried, get the surgeon to prescribe you some antibiotics.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Thanks.  Also, any idea how long people normally wear compression vests for?

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
About 6 weeks. This will depend on the surgeon though.

Offline Aperture

• Silver Member
Thanks.  I called my surgeon today and he said about 6 weeks.  Does this mean i have to wear it 24/7?

Offline cecly

• Silver Member
Yep :D

You will become very close :P

I do suggest buying two of them also, so you can wash one and wear the other.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024