Author Topic: two-days post-op  (Read 1552 times)

Offline rporter10

• Posting Member
Hey everybody

I had my surgery two days ago; basically I had pretty moderate gyno that was driving me crazy and I had it removed.  I still have bandages on and drains in and I'm alternating between feeling hopeful and totally depressed.  I don't want to be the kind of person who gets plastic surgery--but now I am--and I feel kind of shitty about it.  I'm worried about what my friends will think of me when they find out and I don't really want to discuss it.  Bandages and drain come off monday and I'm sure I'll feel better then but for now I'm a little bit down.  Words of encouragement are... encouraged.

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
with all the costs and stress involved with undergoing any sort of operation, I'm sure you didn't go through with this on a whim. Remind yourself of all the reasons why your gyne drove you crazy - all the different sorts of limitation it placed on your quality of life. You don't have to justify your reasons to anyone but yourself. It's not simple vanity that brought you to this point - far from it. Be proud of yourself for having the courage to take the plunge!

Hope that helped  :),

dondante

Offline Pacifico

• Silver Member
I understand what you are going through.  I just had mine done 12 days ago, my physician even included an article about post op depression as it is so common it should almost be expected!  So you are normal, be happy about that!  When you are down, just think of all the things you will be able to do for the rest of your life and all it costs you is a couple weeks of discomfort and some money.  Visualize what you will be doing this summer, and all the things you will no longer say no to because of your freedom.  Never forget why you had it done!!!! 

PS:  When your drains come out you will be a whole new person!!!  Trust me on that one (nobody likes drains!)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024