Author Topic: 4 months post, hasnt changed.  (Read 2346 times)

Offline gynegonegood

• Posting Member
Hi there, I had surgery 4 months ago now and although I noticed the lypo work that was done my nipples are still as puffy as ever, should I be worried and consider revision? Please give me some advice, thank you!

Offline gyne3232

• Posting Member
Did you have glandular excision in addition to the Lypo?

Offline gynegonegood

• Posting Member
No it was just lipo, but I think he said he takes the gland out with lypo. I dont really feel near as much gland as i used to.

DrBermant

Hi there, I had surgery 4 months ago now and although I noticed the lypo work that was done my nipples are still as puffy as ever, should I be worried and consider revision? Please give me some advice, thank you!

Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your concerns.

I see many patients who complain of residual Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia after another doctor's operation.  There are many possible problems causing such a deformity.  The most common is remaining gland behind the areola as seen in these Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Drawings.  Check out the images with the link for remaining gland after surgery to see what I mean. 

Healing tissues, and scars can be other causes of this problem.   

Sometimes revision surgery is an option.  Options depend on the problem to be treated which is best discussed with your doctor or someone you see for a second opinion evaluation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024