Author Topic: What causes this? (pic inside)  (Read 3193 times)

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
I have a fold or crease in the aerola/nipple area.  What causes this post surgery?  This picture is 24 days post surgery.  I know it is still early, but based on the reading I have done on these boards, I am not too optimistic that this fold will "heal" with time.  Regardless, I am curious what causes this "deformity."

DrBermant

I have a fold or crease in the aerola/nipple area.  What causes this post surgery?  This picture is 24 days post surgery.  I know it is still early, but based on the reading I have done on these boards, I am not too optimistic that this fold will "heal" with time.  Regardless, I am curious what causes this "deformity."

24 days is too soon after surgery to evaluate contours.  Adhering healing tissues tend to evolve depending on many factors. How Tissues Evolve After Gynecomastia Surgery, depends on the original problem, what was done, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, Scar Care, After Surgery Chest Compression Garments.  However, the best way to start out is to have a good contour right after surgery and not a crater.

Standard After Gynecomastia Pictures demonstrate contour issues after surgery, especially with motion and action of the chest muscles.

Crater Defects after Gynecomastia Surgery come in many different degrees and forms.  Causes can include scars, too much removed, inadequate support, and many other reasons.  For some, revision surgery becomes an option.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
I understand that it is too early to tell, but I still don't understand what exactly is happening with the skin/Fold?  Has the outer skin attached to something underneath to create this deformity?  Is it because of a void underneath?

Can anything be done at the 24 day mark to help minimize this?  i.e., continue wearing vest (which I am doing), a certain type of massage, etc?

Thanks

Offline superduty

• Posting Member
Dr. Bermant, an comments on my post above?

Thanks

DrBermant

I understand that it is too early to tell, but I still don't understand what exactly is happening with the skin/Fold?  Has the outer skin attached to something underneath to create this deformity?  Is it because of a void underneath?

Can anything be done at the 24 day mark to help minimize this?  i.e., continue wearing vest (which I am doing), a certain type of massage, etc?

Thanks

For my patients I prefer to individualize their Scar Care and Compression Garments After Gynecomastia Surgery.  Such questions are better directed to your doctor or someone who has specific details about the original problem, what was done, after care, complications and other important information that could factor into quality advice.  We are glad to help patients explore concerns during either an in office consultation or our Preliminary Remote Discussion.  Jane is my office manager and can explain the details.  She can normally be reached at our office by phone Monday - Friday 9-5 Eastern Time at (804) 748-7737.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024