Author Topic: Post Surgery Hypersensativity?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline as400

• Silver Member
I'm one month post op so know its still early days regards the healing process.

Was warned that post surgery I may feel either/or/both numbness/hypersensitivity feelings in the pectoral/nipple area.

Really even wearing my softest cotton teeshirt, when it rubs over my nipples or other parts of my chest at times it almost feels like sandpaper!

Anyone else feel very sensitive post op? I should say this isn't a painful experience, but enough to put me off jogging at the gym, my CV work at the moment is just bike/cross-trainer.
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
Yeah, and they are still a little bit more sensitive than I would like and I'm almost 10 weeks post-op.  Wearing an underarmour shirt helps A LOT. 

GynO_DuDe

You having arnica tablets or using the cream by any chance?

STOP USING IT. I dont believe in its 'magic healing' powers ... its BS. All it did to me after surgery was give me a nasty rash because I suffer from minor eczema as it is, and it just caused my skin around the chest to be come ULTRA sensitive and left me with a rash.

Other than that, I dont see any reason why you should be finding it so uncomfortable ... then again, everyones different.

Offline mrpower33

• Silver Member
I used the arnica montana gel for bruising and I think it worked great.  Different people may be allergic to different topicals, just be careful when trying them. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024