Author Topic: scar tissue question  (Read 4162 times)

Offline outkast

• Bronze Member
i got surgery done 5 weeks ago...my chest is looking flat but my left side has got a lot of scar tissue compared to my right side....how long would it take to go away...its uneven rite now and that sucks but hopefully it will even out soon...

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Dude, you have to be patient. It can take up to a year...

GynO_DuDe

Definitely takes up to/or slightly more than a year. This is from personal experience.

You'll feel the tissue re-siding and then when your body temperature is hot, you'll see the scar tissue come back, but then suddenly one day, it completely dissapears.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
I'm 2 months post-op. My left nipple sticks out a bit and my right side has donut shaped scar tissue. Swelling is not so bad except around my armpits. I have been massaging since day 5 post-op but I just stopped. I was rubbing so hard that now, my elbows hurt permanently !So I'm in the middle of it. I think I will just wait now and wear the vest at night for a little while. It helps settling things a little...maybe.

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
Me had same problem, nipple swollen and deformed. im 2 months post op... wonder if training chest will make this look better, and wonder if im ready for gym..

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
Me had same problem, nipple swollen and deformed. im 2 months post op... wonder if training chest will make this look better, and wonder if im ready for gym..
I am pretty sure you can hit the gym. Training will sculpt your chest but should not have any impact on scar tissue. Gotta wait man...

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
just went to the gym few mins ago, trained my chest and arms, so far no extra swelling. i think its safe to workout now... deformities really bothers me now... i hope everything will be ok.

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
just went to the gym few mins ago, trained my chest and arms, so far no extra swelling. i think its safe to workout now... deformities really bothers me now... i hope everything will be ok.
Chances are high they will.  Try not to think about it.

How bad is it really ?  Do these deformities show under a t-shirt ?

Offline Sheldon

• Bronze Member
No when wearing shirt. The gland and fats removed from my left chest is bigger than the right so it shows uneven.

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
The swelling is going down every day now.

my left nip used to be really swollen, now it is only a little... i think the gym is help and that fact that im not massaging anymore.

4 months 2 weeks post op.. when i stoped massaging it, it started to get better..

Offline don_joe

• Silver Member
The swelling is going down every day now.

my left nip used to be really swollen, now it is only a little... i think the gym is help and that fact that im not massaging anymore.

4 months 2 weeks post op.. when i stoped massaging it, it started to get better..
Man...my PS told me to massage for 6 months !

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
yer mine told me to keep massaging, but when i do it only gets worse.. when i dont it gets better.

I guess if there is a scar tissue you should massage, though if there is swelling you shouldnt - thats my take on it.

Offline danielhasmail

how hard do i need to massage? my left side is almost perfect but my right feels like there is still tissue on the right and left side. it doesn't SEEM swollen but the doc says it is probably scar tissue under the skin. the more i massage, the more it gets tender. should i massage it hard to go away or will it possibly go away on it's own? they promise me both sides were identical in surgery but i started changing bandages the day after and 2 weeks later they both look about the same size wise. left good, right similar to before the surgery...

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
My doc told me to massage... it only got worse IMO (more swolen and harder).

At the 4 month mark my right nip was good, my left was swollen and i was stressed 24*7!

3 weeks later it is almost gone.. right nip is about 95% and left nip is about 85% .... getting sooooooooo much better daily.

I was stressing bad, had hard lumps like bolders.. but like i said it went down all of a sudden when i stopped massaging it.

In additonal I had 2 manual lympthatic massages which helped alot with the swelling (not so much the 'bolders').

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024