Author Topic: 6 weeks post op,stopped wearing vest, left nipple seems to have raised out!!  (Read 6956 times)

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
so im 6 weeks post op, i have just stopped waering my vest, however my left nipple has raised out like i have a touch of gynio! this was a revision so my chest was 100% flat after surgery! he has a stitch in this nipple to hold it out, could this be causing the problem or could it be swelling? scar tissue? or gyno back again!! :o

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
If the surgery is done well, your chest will be 100% flat after surgery. Many people complain that after a few weeks, the nipples puff out again. Same here. I'm almost 5 weeks post op now. Both nipples are puffy but if I understand correctly, this is scar tissue, which will dissappear over the coming months. I know it's difficult to stop worrying about it but I guess we have no other option.
At week 7 post op, I'm having a consultation with the PS. Hope he'll give me some good news and tell me it'll go away by itself.

grtz

Offline eire_245

• Posting Member
i was defo 100% flat post op, i know the dif between this one and my first op! like i cant feel any gland or fat directly under the nipple like i could previously(im sure everyone suffering from this knows about how you can feel the gland/fat underneath), so im thinking its scar tissue, but could also be the stitch holding the nipple in out because i cant really feel any tissue underneath! ill start massaging but in the mean time.....what technique does everyone use?? ive an 8 week meeting with my PS so i may get a steroid shot then see if that makes a difference!

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Don't worry. It is likely just scar tissue and what is referred to as a "healing ridge" underneath the areola scar. It will take weeks to months for it to become entirely soft and dissipate completely. Just be patient and hang in there :)

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
Don't worry. It is likely just scar tissue and what is referred to as a "healing ridge" underneath the areola scar. It will take weeks to months for it to become entirely soft and dissipate completely. Just be patient and hang in there :)

I have this same 'healing ridge' where the incision was made, both left and right. Feels like a hard 1/2 circle...
Does this cause the nipples to be puffy again after surgery?
Man I'd be happy if the puffiness would just be gone FOREVER!!!

grtz

Offline khan

• Posting Member

I have this same 'healing ridge' where the incision was made, both left and right. Feels like a hard 1/2 circle...

grtz

well, i am 4 week post op and i feel the half hard circle under nipples.
yes it lifts the nipple.
I am so paranoid with my left gland,3 times a day i take my compression band off,check that thing hoping it is gone but it is still there. my left side still look very bad. wearing a t shirt is still a dream.

btw: nipplevision! i saw your post op pictures you look fine man,your breasts are gone and you got a chest.

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member

grtz

well, i am 4 week post op and i feel the half hard circle under nipples.
yes it lifts the nipple.
I am so paranoid with my left gland,3 times a day i take my compression band off,check that thing hoping it is gone but it is still there. my left side still look very bad. wearing a t shirt is still a dream.

btw: nipplevision! i saw your post op pictures you look fine man,your breasts are gone and you got a chest.

Why did your PS leave the left gland there? didn't he listen when you told him to take it all out?
Have you spoken the surgeon about this?
Anyway the best of luck with your recovery. We just need to hang in there!

Concerning my post op pictures - I do look better than before the operation, but my problem was only puffy nipples. Now that I'm 5 weeks post op, they are still puffy (hopefully because of scar tissue that will disappear over time). In other words, they look almost as bad as before the op and it drives me nuts.
Only thing I can do is be patient and hope for the best.

Offline user87

• Silver Member
it really sucks. i am 9 months post-op and my results are not as good as they were right after surgery.
still have some puffyness that you can see if I wear a shirt.
i don't know what's causing the puffyness. right after surgery my nips were flat, so IMO, the doc did take out enough gland but why are they not as flat now as they were directly post-op!?! why should anything change the next few months if it has not changed until month 9!

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
it really sucks. i am 9 months post-op and my results are not as good as they were right after surgery.
still have some puffyness that you can see if I wear a shirt.
i don't know what's causing the puffyness. right after surgery my nips were flat, so IMO, the doc did take out enough gland but why are they not as flat now as they were directly post-op!?! why should anything change the next few months if it has not changed until month 9!

That's exactly how I feel for the moment, however I'm only 5 weeks post op.
I just can't imagine waking up one day, noticing my nipples have become flat overnight. To me, this condition just seems permanent and not likely to change in the coming months.
I know a lot of people give the advice to keep calm and just wait, but somehow, I'm not convinced that the post op puffiness will go away by itself. Maybe the fact that they look exactly the same as pre op contributes to this. You see? it's not 'another kind of puffiness' but they have the exact same appearance as pre op. That's what makes me so desperate...

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member

Man I'd be happy if the puffiness would just be gone FOREVER!!!

grtz

I wouldn't worry. It is almost completely gone on my left side. On my right side I still have some hard tissue which is the healing ridge directly under the areola incision which makes my nipple protrude a little bit. Eventually it softens up completely and the skin will gradually tighten so the nipple will lay flatter. I'm just over 4 months post op so you have to give it time. I saw a TON of changes and different things go on and I still see changes every now and then. You just gotta give it a lot of time. I'm confident enough with how I look now to take my shirt off in public or wear a tight shirt but I am 100%positive that I haven't even healed completely yet. I'd say by the end of the year I'll be just about completely healed and will feel and look 100% natural.

It's a long process. Don't freak out if things seem a little weird or abnormal.

And by the way.. most PS's don't take out ALL the gland becuase doing that causes the nipple to stick to the muscle underneath and in turn can cause crater deformities (inverted nipple, basically)..  so they intentionally leave a LITTLE bit of gland behind. During the process, that gland can swell a little bit but eventually it will go down and look natural and you won't even notice it.

Patience! :)

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
I hope you're right. All these posts about people still having puffy nipples 6 months or more after surgery scare me I guess...
I have a consultation with my PS in 2 weeks. Maybe he can convince me for 100% that I don't need to worry.
Thanks a lot for your post - still made me feel a bit better about the situation.

grtz

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
What happens is that it takes some time for the solid, hard tissue to soften and become natural and for the scar tissue to dissipate. It's a process...and once it finally happens, you still won't look too flat because it takes some time for the skin to tighten up after no longer being stretched outward by the solid tissue.

Like I said.. it takes some time. For some people, they don't see absolutely FINAL results until a year after surgery. Some heal and change quicker than others... it's an individual thing. Like I said, try not to worry.. you'll be fine. :)

I had the same worries and on one side, it completely went away. Now I can tell the same process is taking place on the other side.

Offline nipplevision

• Silver Member
What happens is that it takes some time for the solid, hard tissue to soften and become natural and for the scar tissue to dissipate. It's a process...and once it finally happens, you still won't look too flat because it takes some time for the skin to tighten up after no longer being stretched outward by the solid tissue.

Like I said.. it takes some time. For some people, they don't see absolutely FINAL results until a year after surgery. Some heal and change quicker than others... it's an individual thing. Like I said, try not to worry.. you'll be fine. :)

I had the same worries and on one side, it completely went away. Now I can tell the same process is taking place on the other side.

Glad to hear your healing is going well.
Do you think working out from 7 weeks post op will affect the healing? be it positively or negatively?
I used to work out 3 times a week, with heavy weights. I hope the PS gives me the green light when I see him at the end of this month.
7 weeks without training is such a long time :-)

Offline unsure101

• Bronze Member
I agree with a lot of the post in this thread - it takes a long time to heal.

When i run, or rub my right nipple it swells with some fluid and the tissue underneath clearly gets harder and lasts 1-2 days.

This is post 5 months.

Left side is good.. got better at the 3 month mark... the Right side started to get better at the 3 month mark and is still improving though as mentioned above still swells which indicates I am still injured underneath.

With that said I still think a little bit of gland was left over, but nothing thats occupies my thoughts really anymore.. only evident when I run or rub it - will post back in a few week\month as I have been doing to let everyone know.

But trust me, dont stress... i was on here every day for the first 3 months even though lots of people where telling me to not stress, i still stressed - we are only human i guess! lol.

peace :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024