Author Topic: Post Op Questions  (Read 2349 times)

Offline george92

• Posting Member
I'm about 5 months post-op, and slightly concerned with my chest atm.
Firstly, the left breast is still saggy, drooping diagonally. I'm pretty sure its scar tissue but I'm still worried as it make it look as though i still have Gynecomastia. The side of the pectoral is also very saggy, and I'm not actually sure if this is scar tissue, or just left over fat. Either way, it emphasises the breast. Finally, the nipple area is folded all over the place, and it looks as though it may not even be connected to the breast tissue.

If anyone has experienced any of these, could you please let me know, as I'm starting to get very worried about it now. I was also wondering when the scar tissue wastes away, because as I said, I'm 5 months post op and at this stage starting to wonder if it is ever going to get any better. Thanks in advance.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Please post some really good photos for us, please.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I'm about 5 months post-op, and slightly concerned with my chest atm.
Firstly, the left breast is still saggy, drooping diagonally. I'm pretty sure its scar tissue but I'm still worried as it make it look as though i still have Gynecomastia. The side of the pectoral is also very saggy, and I'm not actually sure if this is scar tissue, or just left over fat. Either way, it emphasises the breast. Finally, the nipple area is folded all over the place, and it looks as though it may not even be connected to the breast tissue.

If anyone has experienced any of these, could you please let me know, as I'm starting to get very worried about it now. I was also wondering when the scar tissue wastes away, because as I said, I'm 5 months post op and at this stage starting to wonder if it is ever going to get any better. Thanks in advance.

Posting Standard Pictures to Evaluate Male Chest Sagging and Standard Pictures to Evaluate Male Chest After Surgery can each demonstrate sagging and scar issues.  Otherwise an in office evaluation is easier to explore scar and loose tissues issues that may not show up in photographs.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024