Author Topic: side effects of gynecomastia surgery???  (Read 2808 times)

Offline gynedowner

• Posting Member
Hi, I've recently had gynecomastia surgery and I've noticed some changes.

First, I'm growing a lot of chest hair all of the sudden (I'm in my early twenties and fully developed for years now).
Second, I've lost a great deal of weight (more than what was removed) in just two weeks following the procedure. I'm not eating any different, I feel great, and I've had to stop exercising (which I was doing for hours a day up till my surgery), so I don't know where this is coming from.
Finally, I'm starting to notice more muscle definition not only in my abdominal area, but in my arms and legs.

Is it all just in my head?

OR

Are there actual side effects from having such a large amount of glandular tissue removed?
-from what I've read, these glands don't have any function for males...
-any ideas?

Offline nomoretits

• Posting Member
Not sure about the hair thing or if removal of the glands causes any physiological or hormonal changes (I'm curious about this as well).  The change in body comp could be do to the fact that you were working out consistently before this and maybe it was time for a deload.  Your body could be supercompensating and using the time off and the excess calories (since you were burning more calories before while you were working out) to heal and repair the muscle fibers that were damaged as a result of your lifting.  If you were leaning out and not bulking this could be even more pronounced.

I just had surgery about 2 weeks ago as well and I would have normally taken a deload week already if I wasn't getting the surgery done.  But I had planned on working out without deloading up until my surgery since I knew I wouldn't be lifting for about a month and just thought of it as an extended deload.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024