Author Topic: Post Surgery Concerns (pics!)  (Read 2598 times)

Offline digitalgod

• Posting Member
http://yfrog.com/3u32036505jx

Here is a link to my photos.
These were taken a good 6 months after my surgery.
Although there is a big improvement, I am not totally satisfied.
I can see an asymmetry. One side looks puffier than the other.
BOTH my nipples look very large.

I can feel a hard lump behind my right breast that I think should be scar tissue because its hard to believe the surgeon forgot this. It seems like golfball sized but irregularly shaped.  A fair amount of loose skin too.  The left side, I don't feel this lump.

And in one of the pictures you can see simply how WIDE it looks. Saggy and strangely shaped.

Am I overreacting? How do I look?
Could it be scartissue, and how long will it last? Will my appearance improve or at this point am I stuck with what I have? Any thoughts?  

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
First, let me state that it is 7 months since my surgery and I'm not as happy about the outcome as I had hoped.

If your case, if I saw you at the beach from a distance, I wouldn't give you a second thought. But if you were sitting across from me with your shirt off I'd notice there was something different about your nipples.

Things may still change a bit, but to in my non-professional option, if you are really unhappy, I think you might want to investigate your options for revision surgery.

In my case, I now look fine with my shirt on, even in a T-shirt. I'm probably not going to pursue revision surgery. I'm just not going to stroll around with my shirt off.

Best of luck. It is a tough dilemma.

Offline kaka

• Posting Member
Do some push up and chest exercise.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
While I cannot tell from your photos (they are small and I cannot make out detail), much of your concern may have to do with your situation prior to surgery.  If there was any asymmetry, particularly in size, then there may be some residual lax skin on the larger side. 

The methods used in surgery will also affect the outcome. And then your individual healing processes will also affect the outcome.

At this point, you should speak to your surgeon about the results so far and ask him if he could obtain further improvement either through revision, kenalog injections, massage or simply by waiting it out for a few months more.

And sometimes a visit to another gyne surgeon simply for another opinion might be of help.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024