Author Topic: I've been taking Melatonin for sleep!  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Hey guys, just had gyne surgery and working on the healing/maintenance now.  A short while back in this "post surgery" section I started a thread on how to prevent re-occurrence.  A Dr was very helpful and provided a list of known items that can cause Gyne (Melatonin is not on it).  That being said I have had sleep problems on and off, I decided to stop taking Nytol as it is somewhat addictive and started taking Melatonin as it is said to be a more natural and non-addictive sleep aid.  From what I see of Melatonin it is some form of hormone, and this kinda peaked my interest as hormone and gynecomastia seem  to go hand in hand.  I've been reading alot of write-ups now saying that side effects of Melatonin is Gynecomastia.  I've been taking it on and off for about a month...will this possibly cause the gyne causing hormones to rear it's ugly head?  Needless to say I will stop taking it (I don't know what I am going to do now to get to sleep), but I am a tad worried here.  Does anyone have knowledge or experience with Melatonin?

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
The sleep aid i take also has Theanine...which I read is found in green tea and helps precent gyne.  Go figure. 

Anyways any help would be good

thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024