Author Topic: 2 weeks 5 days post op, some concerns  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
Hey everyone,

Had my surgery on the 21st, my plastic surgeon said she was very surprised by the amount of tissue I had, I had a lot and there was almost nothing for the liposuction. My chest looked good when the compression came off for stitches and drainage removal and all was pretty well. Now, about 2 weeks 5 days post op, I have noticed that where the stitches were on the bottom of the areola are quite bumpy, especially on the left side. Are these bumps normal? Will they go down?

And directly under those bumps, and extending a little I can feel hard "lumps".  I was told not to massage till after I come back in on the 24th, but I have massaged a few times, only for 30 seconds or so each side and it does feel softer. Is this normal post-op swelling/blood collecting? or the formation of scar tissue? I always thought swelling would feel like a bag of fluid and not be a hard collection and I have been wearing my compression garment at all times and mostly only sleeping on my back, I haven't noticed any swelling.

I will ask all these questions to the surgeon when I go back, but anyone have any info for peace of mind?  ???\

Thanks!

Offline thezombie

• Bronze Member
before anything...congrats dude.:)well done....

Are these bumps normal? Will they go down? yes i had them too.. still have on rght side though..but they have gone down considerably..so yeh most prolly they will go down. have u got ur vest on? if no go n wear it.. chances are it will help:) ( i cannot state a fact here.. not that knowledgable yet... i just know that the vest helps:))

Is this normal post-op swelling/blood collecting? or the formation of scar tissue? - again i got few lil tiny lumps under right nipple but all good under left.. so i wud say  its normal again:)

I will ask all these questions to the surgeon when I go back, = very good idea :).. but I think all things u mentioned are pretty normal.
our head just likes to screw around with us...its normal:)..

gud luck with the healing mate:)..its time to live life to the fullest now..
stay positive.. eat healthy..
cheers
====================================================================
My Before and After :
https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21866.msg148419#msg148419
====================================================================

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
Thanks zombie,

good to know its most likely all going fine and normal!

Offline waves

• Silver Member
Hi Idlewood,

Any update?  I am most interested in the "lumps" that extend outside of the nipple.  I have the same thing extending quite a bit out and not sure if I should leave alone or massage.  They're painful if I play with them too much or jog slightly.  Have yours diminished at all?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024