Author Topic: Is this normal???!!!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline bestestfunbobby

This is my right nipple. I can hardly tell a nipple is there because of all the tape and whatever else that dark colored stuff is. I went to the doctor yesterday and he was very brief with me and told me everything looked good, nothing was going to "die off", and I needed to just give it time. But I feel doctors are never going to be 100% honest, you know? I doubt he would ever look at work he has done and say "Ooops, I f'd up.". So I am posting this picture up to get feedback from other people/doctors. Is this normal? Thanks for the comments. BTW, this is 6 days post op.

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Hi

First of all: Congrats

There is indeed a lot of tape, so it is not easy to see the areola. The dark colored stuff is probably a combinaton of bruising, dried blood from the many small blood vessels of the areola. It also seems to be swelling.

I do not think you are in medical danger!

What does bother me a lot, is the fact that you have the feeling of not beeing able to trust your surgeon to be real honest in this critical moment. You have just had surgery!! A good doctor would have taken his patient extra seriously and made an extra thoroughly examination just to make sure. Almost all surgeons can have a bad day and make a misstake. If a surgeon is so sure of himself that he can be brief and ignorant he should not be doing this kind of surgery.

I think you should contact him again and without "small talk" tell him about your concerns and demand a medical explanation of your problem.

I am sure the doctors on this forum will try to help you. Hopefully they will come to the same conclusion as mine "that you are OK"

I hope you have a good recovery and get to enjoy your new chest

Offline bestestfunbobby

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hard to tell from the photo -- but in general, loss of blood supply with eventual tissue death is extraordinarily unusual.  More than likely, you have some bruising of the areolar tissues, which can look dark purple and can be scary -- but will probably turn out OK.

However, no excuse for the doc not to take time to explain things to you -- you are certainly entitled to that.  Who is the surgeon?

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline bestestfunbobby

Well Dr, that is the catch: I am in the military and I got military doctors to do the surgery for me. :/   I could regret it later, but they were offering gynecomastia surgery at no cost.

Offline Pooz

• Silver Member
post some before/afters

Offline GuyEngland

It's fine, I think.
I had surgery 4 days ago.
My nipple is like this too, on both sides.
I had severe gyne so mines pretty bad, and so is the swelling.
But give it time, I say.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024