Author Topic: Burning sensation after hemotoma -3 weeks post op  (Read 2353 times)

Offline Andyc1987

Hello, I had Excision and liposuction surgery of bilateral gynecomastia three weeks ago. After about a week I noticed my left side had a lot more swelling than the right. I returned to my surgeon, he suspected a potential seroma that needed draining, if it was causing me pain, which it was so he drained it. He said that this was not a seroma but a hemotoma that has liquified, he drained around about 150ml then another 50ml around four days later. My question is, would a hemotoma stop my left side from healing and maybe this is why I am getting this burning sensation so late on. My right side has no pain and minimal swelling.There is in sign of infection according to my surgeon. If anybody could get back to me, I would be much appreciative.

Thank You
Andy

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
I wish I could offer you more answers, Andy, but I didn't have those issues. My right side was a lot more swollen and bruised than the left side, though, that's for sure. I didn't have drains, and didn't experience any hematoma or seroma.

The burning sensation that I got was actually from moving around too much; my chest would feel inflamed like when you put a vibrator on your skin and leave it there for too long and all the blood rushes to that spot so it feels itchy and hot, I'm not sure if that's what you mean about the burning sensation, but that's what I experienced.

Hopefully a doctor can chime in but I just wanted you to know that people are reading these posts  :)

Keep us posted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024