Author Topic: Not sure if I should go to this guy....  (Read 1692 times)

Offline gynogone1313

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, first day on the forum.  Has anyone every heard of Dr. Asare or had their gynecomastia removed by him?  I am skeptical about going to him for a few reasons.  For one, he is not a part of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and it was difficult to find any credentials about himself. I found some decent reviews on google. 

So I called them up on Wednesday, everyone was super nice, and they told me they can squeeze me in for a consultation the following day, on thursday! So i went into his NYC office and was shocked they were able to get me in.  I first walked into the office and he was on his phone listening to me introduce myself while he had his office assistant standing in the corner not saying anything.  Then he tells me to take my shirt off, takes a 1 minute look, and then says he is going back to wash his hands and his office assistant follows.  So i'm sitting there for a few minutes and noticed he is recognized by the American Academy of cosmetic surgeons, and 2 other organizations I dont remember. 

After this, he came back in and sat down with me for about 15-20 minutes and we discussed everything about the procedure, he showed me some impressive pictures of his work, and it seemed like he was legit.  Says he has done over 2000 of these procedures.

I then walked into another room to speak with the office assistant from the beginning about pricing, which means that was they were talking about when he went to wash his hands. (shady business if you ask me).

Anyway, I explained my situation to her after she told me the price.  I am leaving for school on August 18th and I know that this is such a short time frame to have this done, so I asked if would it be possible.  She says yes, she can ask other people to switch their appointments with me and that she was going to bribe them.  So then she texts me saying she can do next week on JULY 30TH!!!

Their company is called Advanced cosmetic surgery of NY and they even offer their clients rides to and from surgery.  To me this seems a little desperate and I am unsure whether or not to go through with this because of how easy it was to get me in so fast, the lack of evidence on the internet that this guy is good, and it just seems overall too good to be true.  They even got me this financing option that i never heard of called Alphaeon?

Let me know what you guys think about this.  Sorry for the long detailed post, just kind of freaking out since this would be 5 days away.

Offline gynogone1313

• Posting Member
I am also going to see this guy named Dr. Barry DiBernardo.  If anyone has good experience with either of these guys, please let me know about them!

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024