Author Topic: Does irregular chest after gynecomastia improves with bodyfat ?  (Read 2834 times)

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
My bodyfat percentage is about 25% right now. I had surgey about 1 year back for mild gyno. Puffy nipples. Now according to reports all the breast tissue has been removed and now i have no puffyness. But excess fat has been removed from both sides inferior to the areola. Those defects of both sides are visible when i raise arms. So im asking if i cut down to about 8 percent body fat will the defect improve ? As there will very less bodyfat in the surrounding areas?

Normally what percent of fat survives after fat grafting ? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Why don't you post some photos -- we can help you better if we can see your problem.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Lower body fat can improve a mild crater deformity by better equalizing the thickness of tissue overlying the normal musculature of the chest.  Alternatively, additional liposuction or fat grafting can help to improve the condition.  Photos would be helpful . 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
The areas where there is very low fat seems to have a scar tissue under it. Anyway skin is not attached to the muscle. So will fat grafting help on the scar tissue ? 

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
We could try to help you more if you would post some photos.

Dr Jacobs

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
http://imgur.com/CGd0n7l Here u go doc.

The areas which contain dents have mild scarring under the skin because that fat was removed not by liposuction. So will it be hard for fat to survive in that area ? How can u successfully fill the area ? And after fat grafting is successfull will there a change in the look when we flex the chest or when we move ? Is it felt like the same fat in the other areas ?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
This would be a difficult revision.  Realize, it is always easier to remove some excess tissue than to replace missing tissue.

If there is minimal tissue between the skin and the muscle (the area to be fat grafted), you would need a highly skilled surgeon to place the fat in just the right area -- ie between the skin and the muscle.  There really isn't much room there.  And, there is a limit as to how much fat you can place at one time.  If you put too much fat, then it may not have enough blood supply and it will die.  Thus, at a minimum, you will probably require several sessions of fat grafting with several months between each session.

Difficult problem -- sorry.

Dr Jacobs

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
So even after several sessions this wont be successful ? Roughly how many sessions ?

• Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
As I said, it is a difficult situation.  No way to guess how many sessions would be needed. In the right surgeon's hands, though, you should be able to get some improvement.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
With respect to the incision in the chest skin it will be impossible to remove the scar. Also over resection of fat in the infra pectoral region with a scar in the area of the depression  is realistically impossible to completely correct. Corrective surgery should be viewed as a process that attempts to improve the existing situation in cases like this. 
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline COD4

• Posting Member
Im actually very depressed about this. I had only puffy nipples. Mild gynocomastia. Stupid surgeon decided to make a chest incision and he told me it will eventually dissolve and be like normal skin. He didnt remove the breast tissue but have remove fat excessively. I didnt go to meet him again i went to a plastic surgeon instead and he did liposuction ,excision and fat grafting. About 80% of the fat dissolved  But definitely improved the condition. Im going to need another 4-5 sessions as this looks like. Is there any risks of fat grafting frequantly within 3-4 months , instead of the little scar ? Im about 30 percwnt body fat now. Will this improve with fat loss ?

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I could only find one photo of your chest with little of the rest of your body included, so my comments are general.  Fat loss will improve the appearance of a crater deformity or other irregularity after gynecomastia surgery by diminishing the difference between over and under- or non-resected areas. If it's your intention to lose weight, you should do that prior to any fat grafting, since it may get to a point that's acceptable without further surgery, or it might make the surgery simpler since less fat would need to survive to smooth out the defect.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024