Author Topic: How common/normal is this for the nips p-o ?  (Read 4362 times)

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
Ok I had surgery almost 6 weeks ago (2nd op - lipo and excision again), and from the 3rd day when I removed the vest to shower until  barely a week ago(5-week mark approx.), my nips were completely flat,flush-to-the-skin and looking perfect (with only the scabby incision lines at the bottom). A week ago I had a really hot 20min. shower and afterwards rubbed a bunch of vitamin -e on the nips. That was the first time I had showered for more than 2 min and the first thing I had done to the nips. I have also been cutting down on the vest-wearing in the last week.

suddenly after about 5 weeks of having totally normal-looking nips , thick/hard lumps and clumps of scar tissue have begun building up everywhere under the nipple - top and bottom of the aerola (not just over the incision lines) and my nips have started to get that rubbery,deflated look to them.

I have not started massaging yet ( as after my 1st op the major scar-tissue build-up seemd to co-incide with the start of massaging), and have just been wearing silicon sheets over the nips for the last week and sleeping in the vest - thats it.

This is not the typical "Im still somewhat puffy post-op, now when will it get flat?" scenario , but a scenario where after 5 weeks, things have suddenly taken a nosedive to pearshape-hood.

Just wondering how many other post-oppers have gone from really good to bad and back to good again , in terms of nipple appearance?.

Should I start massaging?
anyone with any ideas?

was it the long-hot shower? ???
... and the saga continues

Offline remyrem6

• Posting Member
dayum, no idea bro.

go see ur doctor as soon as you get a chance. maybe its scar tissue  ???

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Ok I had surgery almost 6 weeks ago (2nd op - lipo and excision again), and from the 3rd day when I removed the vest to shower until  barely a week ago(5-week mark approx.), my nips were completely flat,flush-to-the-skin and looking perfect (with only the scabby incision lines at the bottom). A week ago I had a really hot 20min. shower and afterwards rubbed a bunch of vitamin -e on the nips. That was the first time I had showered for more than 2 min and the first thing I had done to the nips. I have also been cutting down on the vest-wearing in the last week.

suddenly after about 5 weeks of having totally normal-looking nips , thick/hard lumps and clumps of scar tissue have begun building up everywhere under the nipple - top and bottom of the aerola (not just over the incision lines) and my nips have started to get that rubbery,deflated look to them.

I have not started massaging yet ( as after my 1st op the major scar-tissue build-up seemd to co-incide with the start of massaging), and have just been wearing silicon sheets over the nips for the last week and sleeping in the vest - thats it.

This is not the typical "Im still somewhat puffy post-op, now when will it get flat?" scenario , but a scenario where after 5 weeks, things have suddenly taken a nosedive to pearshape-hood.

Just wondering how many other post-oppers have gone from really good to bad and back to good again , in terms of nipple appearance?.

Should I start massaging?
anyone with any ideas?

was it the long-hot shower? ???

I have been told that flat takes time and it is always the case with puffyness.......I am at 10 weeks and still puffy so give it time as it will make you crazy.......It bugs me and I was told 6 weeks at first but now its longer......We al heal differnt.......

All the best 8)
This is a great site and all should be proud to take part........

Offline ddaavviidd

• Bronze Member
I want to know the doctors names  that are not giving you the results you want  Please let us know
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:51:41 AM by ddaavviidd »

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks
Do u have a photos we could compare, it would help........

Offline tonysoprano

• FORGEDDABOUDIT!
I want to know the doctors names  that are not giving you the results you want  Please let us know

It had nothing to do with the ps.
read what I wrote -- everything as far as my nipples go was beyond my greatest expectations for 5 weeks , and then it went pear-shaped.

crow: I dont have any pics or a camera at present.
I can just describe it as previously falt, completely flush to the skin nipples , that only had a then scab-line over the incision. Now the nipples are raised(not traditional puffy), and the entire nipple area - top and bottom has numerous hard blobs everywhere underneath that look like chunky cottage cheese. scabs have fallen off incisions now, and the incisions are bright pink, but not too raised themselves... theyre actually not too bad themselves.

also the skin texture of the nipple has gone from being very thin and flat with all those tiny little dots (the ones that normal male nipples have) to being that smooth rubbery , "pulled" skin  kind of look. I know this is hard to visualise, but I think rubbery is the best adjective fot the nipples right now.

I am holding off on the massage for as long as I can.
currently at 6 weeks post-op my only treatment is as follows:
- silicon sheeting 12-20 hrs p/day
-still sleeping in the vest - 8-10 hrs p/night
- consuming orally vitamins B,C,E,Multi,Zinc

- still not exercising yet at all (getting a little belly develpoing too)... which Ill probably start in a week or so.just dont wanna inflame anything at this stage.

This is all such a bitter twist for me, as basically a week ago I saw my ps (before this shiit started) and was ready to declare the nipples a great success as early as it was. guess I jumped the gun.

I just hope there is hope for the nips yet, solely based on the fact that for 5 weeks post-op they were great, so hopefully if and/or when all this scar tissue/swelling does evolve and dissipate, that they can go back to what they looked like a week ago. it would also be very encouraging to hear from anyone else whose post-op nips went from good - bad - good again. that would be awesome 4 me to hear.

Offline crow

• Gold Member
  • All a big help thanks

It had nothing to do with the ps.
read what I wrote -- everything as far as my nipples go was beyond my greatest expectations for 5 weeks , and then it went pear-shaped.

crow: I dont have any pics or a camera at present.
I can just describe it as previously falt, completely flush to the skin nipples , that only had a then scab-line over the incision. Now the nipples are raised(not traditional puffy), and the entire nipple area - top and bottom has numerous hard blobs everywhere underneath that look like chunky cottage cheese. scabs have fallen off incisions now, and the incisions are bright pink, but not too raised themselves... theyre actually not too bad themselves.

also the skin texture of the nipple has gone from being very thin and flat with all those tiny little dots (the ones that normal male nipples have) to being that smooth rubbery , "pulled" skin  kind of look. I know this is hard to visualise, but I think rubbery is the best adjective fot the nipples right now.

I am holding off on the massage for as long as I can.
currently at 6 weeks post-op my only treatment is as follows:
- silicon sheeting 12-20 hrs p/day
-still sleeping in the vest - 8-10 hrs p/night
- consuming orally vitamins B,C,E,Multi,Zinc

- still not exercising yet at all (getting a little belly develpoing too)... which Ill probably start in a week or so.just dont wanna inflame anything at this stage.

This is all such a bitter twist for me, as basically a week ago I saw my ps (before this shiit started) and was ready to declare the nipples a great success as early as it was. guess I jumped the gun.

I just hope there is hope for the nips yet, solely based on the fact that for 5 weeks post-op they were great, so hopefully if and/or when all this scar tissue/swelling does evolve and dissipate, that they can go back to what they looked like a week ago. it would also be very encouraging to hear from anyone else whose post-op nips went from good - bad - good again. that would be awesome 4 me to hear.

I cant tell u that they will be like they were the first 5 weeks but i can say i was told they would go down after 3 months when the scar tisue heals( that is my xcase).......It could be longer, as my Ps told me........It is very confussing when u think their good then big ones agian or not right........But I think we have to wait to know if this is the truth and look forward to a normal chest.......

All the best 8)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024