Author Topic: Flying two weeks after surgery  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Shot3

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone!
I've got an appointement on the 17 of january with a surgeon.
I probably have the surgery a couple of days after...
Do you think there is any risk taking the plane for 20 hours two weeks after surgery?
Thanks for your advice ;)

Offline skyhawk

• Gold Member
Based on what guys report on the site post surgery I don't see any problem with flying two weeks post-op. I remember one guy who was riding his motorcycle 3 days after surgery. And if your concern is directly related to the flight, the cabin of a commercial aircraft is pressurized to 8,000 feet, even though you are at 36,000 feet. Not much different than if you were standing in Colorado Springs which is 6,000 feet. I don't see any problem. Lots of people fly home several days after surgery.

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I don't see any problem, unless the hydraulics quit working or there is a fire in the cabin.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i think it should be fine.. i mean ur practically sitting still the whole time which is probably a good thing when ur trying to heal. at two weeks u should feel normal other than discomfort in your chest especially when active.

DrBermant

Hi Everyone!
I've got an appointement on the 17 of january with a surgeon.
I probably have the surgery a couple of days after...
Do you think there is any risk taking the plane for 20 hours two weeks after surgery?
Thanks for your advice ;)

We see patients from around the world and many are able to fly the day after surgery for some types of male chest sculpture.  With my Dynamic Technique that typically does not need drains and minimizes bruising flight out of Richmond can be as early as the day after surgery.  Although we give a prescription for strong pain medication, most patients tell us they are comfortable on Tylenol alone.  When follow up by telephone is appropriate, patients flying the next day tell me that their travel was very comfortable. 

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024