Author Topic: Medications for scars?  (Read 2416 times)

Offline CodySockeye

• Silver Member
  • i-raq
I haven't had surgery yet, but do they give you a scar visibility-reducing med after it? Like i've seen some commercials advertising a cream that makes the scar less visible... does anyone use that stuff after their surgery or what?

Offline MSJ108

Your best bet is rubbing some vit E cream on the scars

Offline jackson318

• Posting Member
I've been using mederma.  I suppose it's helping, but it's hard to say since I've been using it and don't know what things would look like without.  Also, I just don't tend to scar very bad.  I know I've also been using it on other, older scars, and those I've noticed an improvement on.  I like it as opposed to the other topical stuff I looked into since it's water based; most of the others seemed oil based or oily.

DrBermant

I haven't had surgery yet, but do they give you a scar visibility-reducing med after it? Like i've seen some commercials advertising a cream that makes the scar less visible... does anyone use that stuff after their surgery or what?

It is not the cream that works, but the massaging with the cream that works - especially when pressure is used.  You can learn more about Scar Treatments After Surgery here.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Plastic Surgery

Offline MSJ108

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024