Author Topic: Going to get surgery with Dr. Fielding in October  (Read 7527 times)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
I know, but reading some dr fielding and the one near it about the blooper is kind of scary.  I have to think positive and not get all worried.  Only thing I am worried about the the bank account after it :)

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
yeah man it scares me too but im trying to stay positive as well. if anything im planning to have pre-post op pics attached to my sig just like grampa bambu does. i hope i inspire people to either get on with their life or make it to the next side ;).

im planning to head to the office because i need to drop off the deposit for the surgery. hopefully leslie can answer any questions that i have. dont forget to keep us posted as well!

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
About the so-called blooper.. it really doesn't even look that bad if you look through the pictures... and you'll find people that aren't completely satisfied with any doctor... the important thing is that for one unsatisfied patient you'll find dozens of satisfied ones... and that goes for all top notch surgeons... Lista, Jacobs, Bermant, Pope, Fielding, Delgado, etc. etc. I wish both of you the best of luck and am confident that you'll be happy on the other side :)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
About the so-called blooper.. it really doesn't even look that bad if you look through the pictures... and you'll find people that aren't completely satisfied with any doctor... the important thing is that for one unsatisfied patient you'll find dozens of satisfied ones... and that goes for all top notch surgeons... Lista, Jacobs, Bermant, Pope, Fielding, Delgado, etc. etc. I wish both of you the best of luck and am confident that you'll be happy on the other side :)

Ya that's my point of view as well.  It goes with almost anything really.  When I was training for my job I'd hear all these horror stories of drop-outs, failures, etc.  Of course you are going to hear about the 5% and not the 95% successful stories. 

I do agree as well that you will find people who aren't satisfied with their surgery as well.  I guess it is what you expect to come out looking like.  If you plan on going in with gyno and coming out looking like Fabio, you may be let down.  My thought is do it and see how it goes.  Hopefully no re-occurrance happens.  That and the loss of $ is what scares me most, not botched surgeries.

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
wow thank you both i feel quite relieved right now. plus day by day im beginning to be positive and let the professional take care of business as i trust his reputation.

anyways what are your stats darth? or do you have any pre-op pics? ill be a month ahead of you post-op so maybe i can shed some light on what you'll see and feel after the surgery. i cant wait to have flat nipples!

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
No, right at the moment I don't have pre-op pictures.  I sure will be taking them because what more fun is there to compare before and after pictures to anything.  Last time I had my body fat taken I was 11% so by no means am I fat.  I'd put myself in the more "buff" end of things.  No I don't have a bulging six back, but have often been told that I look "built".  This makes it even more annoying that I have this.  I can work out, see improvements everywhere else except for the pecs.  Sure when I weighed more they were a bit worse then now, but overall not a huge change from one time frame to the next.  I am like alot of people on this board, that when the nipples are hard, things look A-ok.  In fact, before I first got my consulatation I thought I would save money and just get the nipples done as they have the puff factor that alot of people have here.  Then after a bit of thinking I thought I had might as well get it all done instead of chinsing out, saving a bit of money, and regretting it in the long run.  As i said before unfortunately I have more hoops to go through because of my health card then you guys do.

As mentioned above, I wouldn't stress it.  Avoid reading the scare stories, and read the good ones or none at all.  It will help the anxiety level that way.  You will never be able to please everybody, even if you are a Dr.  Be happy you aren't one of those people on Opera's show who wanted to save money, went overseas to get surgery done, and woke up with their bowels hanging out :)

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
im quite lean but i'd say my bf% is around 15% but quite active. i set aside bodybuilding 1 1/2 months prior to surgery just to get on with this and pursue competitions. i swear after every workout my nips are hard and my muscles are so pumped i feel so confident. then when im at home or im out and its warm, my nipples decide its poofy time lool. same here i thought about whether getting surgery or not. i mean, i never thought in my life i'd ever get any cosmetic surgery because its "stupid", but now look at me :P. i know in the end i wont regret it and it will make me happy because i only have one life, why not make myself happy.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
im quite lean but i'd say my bf% is around 15% but quite active. i set aside bodybuilding 1 1/2 months prior to surgery just to get on with this and pursue competitions. i swear after every workout my nips are hard and my muscles are so pumped i feel so confident. then when im at home or im out and its warm, my nipples decide its poofy time lool. same here i thought about whether getting surgery or not. i mean, i never thought in my life i'd ever get any cosmetic surgery because its "stupid", but now look at me :P. i know in the end i wont regret it and it will make me happy because i only have one life, why not make myself happy.
Ya I agree.  Wanting to go swimming but not liking taking my shirt off...makes $2800 in a lifetime seem ok.  Will get pics up very soon

Offline scope

• Posting Member

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
thanks guys.  I hope all goes well too.  Trying not to worry and to be positive.  Hopefully all goes well with you too.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
hey there.  After reading these boards for a while I see there are a few different types of gyno and some different ways to take care of it (pecs only, nips only or pecs and nips both taken care of together).  The one I am getting is both pecs and nips taken care of, but those who know alot can you tell me the specifics...what i'm getting is a treatment for "excision bilateral gynecomastia"  does this mean that with the nips they are taking out gland AND fat?  I know they are doing pecs and that is self explanatory

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
i had bilateral excision. its basically the same thing i explained in my thread. where the cut was made right below the nipple, and gland was removed. i got to see the gland that was removed as well, by dr fielding showing me. it was local anesthetic so while i was awake i even had the chance to look down at my chest while he was operating, but i chose not to at all =). if youre the same case as me, he may choose to lipo out any fat to make the contour nice. i'll have an updated pic in my thread of my chest 1 week post OP.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
i had bilateral excision. its basically the same thing i explained in my thread. where the cut was made right below the nipple, and gland was removed. i got to see the gland that was removed as well, by dr fielding showing me. it was local anesthetic so while i was awake i even had the chance to look down at my chest while he was operating, but i chose not to at all =). if youre the same case as me, he may choose to lipo out any fat to make the contour nice. i'll have an updated pic in my thread of my chest 1 week post OP.

hmmm, that being said I guess all gyno surgery is called the same thing, no matter the process or what extent?  You only got your nips done, and I am getting the nips/Moobs done and the surgery is called the same thing.  Mine won't be local anesthetic....I will be out cold, which is good.  I was awake when I got my balls snipped and I wasn't too happy  :o

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024