Author Topic: how much holiday time off work????  (Read 2477 times)

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
Hi folks, never posted anything on here before buti just wondered if anyone cud tell me roughly how long do i need to book off work as im a lorry driver that works long hours but more importantly my job is very physically demanding and so im rather concerned about doing more damage post op if i dont allow enough time to recover an also arranging that time off with my employer, many thanks in advance.  :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I've read some patients on here tell construction workers that after a week they would go back to work.
I would have to say at least two weeks for heavy lifting and endurance type hours of physical stress.
You gotta let that tissue heal. You could easily start driving again after four/five days but flexing your pecs for hours a day could be bad on the fresh healing tissue.

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
much appreciated, that can be easily arranged hopefully. i think i became a little concerned when readin some posts about ppl wearin those vests for up to 6 weeks after and going back for all the follow up appointments for dressin changes etc and as for the giant cow balls swingin off you for a while wtf haha The hospital i have in mind is roughly 150miles away so i wud have to really look into it but thanks once again  ;D

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Haha. I didn't have those cow balls.lol
You should wear your compression as long as possible if you can.
After three weeks my doc was cool with me wearing a under armour shirt during the day then putting the vest back on when I got home till the morning again.
I bought a second stage compression shirt to wear during the day. Its nice when you're doing strenuous stuff to have that support on your chest. Keeps it nice and compacted. Always ask your doc his opinion.

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
just out of curiousity but will my normal doctor sort out everything like changing my dressins etc or will he just refer me back to the doctor who did the operation an say its nothin to do with him which will then leave me havin to make that 200 mile round trip journey every time in need it doin, sorry to be a pain but im goin to sort out some dates an get the op booked up for about 4 months time which gives me plenty of time to smash the gym  :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
It depends on how your PS does things. I had my dressings removed three days after surgery. Two weeks later had a post op check up. The next visit is in the third month then the sixth.

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
thanks once again for your advice it really is a bonus knowin that u have been through it personally an not just tryin sell me the operation etc. what would u say is the worst part of the operation was for u the pain or the stress of pre/post op

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
p.s was ur surgery done in the UK if so who by????  :)

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
the worse part is the healing process. Physically its not so bad but the mental aspect takes its toll. Wearing compression bugged the hell out of me. It wasn't that bad for the first two weeks but after that I had enough of it. I still wore it but didn't like it.

Then there's the mind games. Did my surgeon do a good job? Am I getting gyne again? Reading this site over and over.haha Man it gets tiring. Also once the surgery is over you have to do maintenance. Watch what you eat, don't party too hard. Basically try to keep gyne at bay.

Besides all that b.s. Im super happy. I would def do it all again. Just get ready for a rollercoaster ride. A bit of a pain in the arse but def worth it.

Had the procedure in the U.S.

Offline A17DYB

• Posting Member
brilliant, happy days for you i guess, its such a relief an nice to hear of a success story regarding ps as u always hear of those failed attempts abroad etc and since the last few days i been back to visit this website even tho i joined ages an ages ago iv had the urge to do it once and for all so whilst on me lunch break today i booked another consultation for TOMORROW!!! ;D as my previous one was invalid as it was more than 6 months ago and il get a definate date when it going to happen altho im tellin them to give me a 3 month period so i can smash the gym everyday and drop atleast 2 stone before the op so the end result will hopefully feel even more amazin haha, its about time i sorted it as im now 29 an wanted it doing for atleast 15 years. i take it u live in the usa then btw lol

Offline gynecomastiauk

• Bronze Member
Just read your post, I would say definitely a couple of weeks because of the physicality of your job.
I have mentioned some stuff about this on a web site I built to detail this whole procedure and track my recovery, I am currently 3 months post opp...there are tons of pics on there so it may help you...good luck with your procedure and hope it all goes well!

All the best.

(if it will help check out my pre & post op picture diary at www GynecomastiaUK.org)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024