Author Topic: Surgery complete Mr Levick 05 Nov 2014 (pics/diary)  (Read 10079 times)

Offline bob1234

• Posting Member
I do not recommend massaging so early from personel experience, i did this about 4 weeks post op and it caused some extra swelling(which was very prominent) 1-2 days later... you dont want this.
Other than that i think you look perfect atm , grats :)

thanks for the reply jinr0h. When do you recommend starting then? I'm nearly 6 weeks now, and haven't started as the area (at least until very recently) still feels like it would be too sore to press like that..

Offline bob1234

• Posting Member
Week 6 Post Op Update:

Not much changed since last week (I think I'll now aim for monthly updates rather than weekly). The main change however is the right-incision, which has always been troublesome, now seems to have healed up completely, and the "proud flesh"/granuloma has completely gone (top-right pic). I'm delighted at this, as there was a time that I thought I'd have to go back for a minor procedure to get rid of it.

I have still quite a lot of swelling above the chest,where the binder did not sit, I hope this is to be expected and that it will go down soon. I also have still the ridge like lumps and will prob start some kind of massage soon when the area feels not too sensitve, not quite sure when to start yet...

Getting there anyway!

Offline skelly26259

• Posting Member
Hello there mate, I had surgery last week with Mr Levick. I'm happy with my results so far, only concern I have is I have a crater around the nipple when I lift my arms or tense my chest but I'm hoping this is to do with the swelling on the chest. You mentioned you have the same, is this just temporary?

Offline bob1234

• Posting Member
Hello there mate, I had surgery last week with Mr Levick. I'm happy with my results so far, only concern I have is I have a crater around the nipple when I lift my arms or tense my chest but I'm hoping this is to do with the swelling on the chest. You mentioned you have the same, is this just temporary?

Hey. Congrats on getting the surgery done with Mr Levick. Yeah I had a bit of the same thing. In my case I believe the crater effect was caused by a ridge of scar tissue below the nipple, and the swelling (where the binder did not sit) above. It varied over the first few weeks how noticeable the crater was, but looking at my chest at the moment (7 weeks post) I don't really see any crater so I wouldn't worry about it too much just give it some time.

Offline bob1234

• Posting Member
It's been a while, and I've not exactly kept up with my plans for a diary, but given that I'm nearing the 6 month post-op mark now, I thought I'd do an update:

All in all things are going pretty well. As you can see from the side shots, I still have some bulge above the pec area. This has been there from the first few weeks, and hasn't really reduced. It's not noticeable from the front (I don't think), but in profile it can be seen. I hope it goes down with more time...This bulge above can lead to a crater like effect over the nipple area, which in relation to the bulge above and around can sometimes look sunken. I think it's probably not noticeable unless you know what you're looking for however.
As for pain/sensation/mobility: I have no pain now, except if something presses very hard on my chest. Sensation is back (even on the nipples), although the closer to the nipple the more "tingly" that sensation can get. Mobility is back to normal: I could do weights, pull-ups, press-ups etc with absolutely no issues.
I haven't really kept up with massage, so perhaps some of the bulge above is my own fault, but it seems to have been caused from where the binder did not sit properly. It would be nice if it went, but overall I'm pretty happy with the results and feel more confident shirtless than I ever did in the past. Maybe I should do some weights work on the lower pec to balance things out, I don't know...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024