Author Topic: Small, 'social' problem...advice would be awesome  (Read 2020 times)

Offline LLTrain

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I've run into a very small and simple problem that could have some pretty negative side-effects if handled incorrectly:

My surgery is on Wednesday, and it's time for me to start telling people that I'm going to be unavailable for awhile. I'm on two intramural volleyball teams and a city-league softball team. I'm going to have to miss out on some of the games during my recovery time...so I was wondering what I should tell the team captains and other players, as far as what kind of surgery I'm getting? I can't exactly tell them that I'm getting "man-boob reduction", especially considering one of my volleyball teams is co-ed. What do you guys think?

Offline unitedkingdom1

• Posting Member
i felt the same as you mate i do rugby and stuff so i just told them i had some lumps non cancerous removed and if they asked where i just sead not me balls lol just dont want to talk about it though its private that seemed to do the trick for me or maybe you could get a splint to put on your arm and say its pretty swollen or something i dunno hope this helps ???

Offline LLTrain

• Posting Member
Haha if you're talking about a varicectomy, I've actually already had that procedure done. A friend of mine and I had the surgery on the same day...we both had it due to football injuries actually. I told one of my best friends what exactly was going on last night, and he was real cool about it (probably why he's one of my best friends). So he's gonna back me up...I just ended up telling them that "They just have to do some kind of surgery on my chest to get rid of some excess tissue that could be a problem later on down the road."

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Unitedkingdom1 has the best suggestion... tell 'whoever', that you had two 'benign lumps' removed from your chest. You are not telling a lie and more than likely when they hear 'benign lumps', the will say "Ah, okay I see...". Nothing more will be said!!! 

Problem solved!!!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024