Author Topic: Thinking of surgery  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I have an appointment with a surgeon this friday, I'm thinking of getting surgery this august. This is the first time I'll be seeing a Dr. about this problem and i was wondering if any of you can give me some insight in what to expect, what was it like for you?

Thanks in advance.
Surgery booked for July 27th 2009, can't wait!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
For me, it was a positive experience. JCF is a very understanding/pleasant man with a big permo smile. Doc Fielding does not talk 'down' to his patients. He is very straight forward and professional, as is his office assistant 'Leslie'.

Keep in mind though, every PS is different... You may not have a pleasant first experience... If that is the case, see another doc... Find a PS that you feel comfortable with.  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Redman88

• Posting Member
I had a great experience, the doctor was very understanding, he said ill be getting lipo and gland exertion he also told me he has talked with a lot of men about this condition and he understands the stress it causes, he said all the same things I've learned through reading and through you guys!

Offline MrRossZ28

• Posting Member
I just had surgery done on Monday Jul 20th. I don't have to much pain at all. I was able to see my chest the next day and it looked really good. I'm 27 and I wish I had this done 5 years ago. I go back in 4 days to get the small foam removed and the stitches out. I will have 1 week pre op pics. If your don't think about it just do it. It's like a freedom that you never had before

Offline moobydo

• Posting Member
I chose my surgeon based on his experience.  He was smooth, but a little businesslike, a bit fast, like he had a routine that he goes through all the time.  But I felt that I'd rather have surgery with a cool professional with a lot of experience, rather than a perhaps friendlier doc who had less experience.  After going through the surgery, and reading what others have posted, I'm glad I made that decision. So, my two cents would be, its important to be comfortable with your surgeon, but even more important is her/his experience and track record (this site is a good place for getting feedback on specific docs, but there are other online sources for that too). 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024