Author Topic: 18 years old, extra chest fat/"puffy nipples"  (Read 16649 times)

Offline Ripped

I just created an account on this forum, I hope I can get some help from you guys.

I'm about 5'10 and 18 years old.  I weigh 160-170 lbs., I run cross country and track.  I work out 3-4 times a week, and I'm pretty much hard as a rock.  Except when it comes to the nipple area of my chest.  My upper pectorial is hard, but right below is flabby.

My nipples are puffy and the surrounding area is fatty, and I can only assume it is gynecomastia.

I am wondering if there is anyway to go about curing this without surgery.  I have heard of people needing to get lypo and an areola reduction.  would I still need lypo even though I'm in shape?

Edit: Is there any reason for getting rid of Gyno but for looks/self-esteem?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:02:23 PM by Ripped »

DrBermant

I just created an account on this forum, I hope I can get some help from you guys.

I'm about 5'10 and 18 years old.  I weigh 160-170 lbs., I run cross country and track.  I work out 3-4 times a week, and I'm pretty much hard as a rock.  Except when it comes to the nipple area of my chest.  My upper pectorial is hard, but right below is flabby.

My nipples are puffy and the surrounding area is fatty, and I can only assume it is gynecomastia.

I am wondering if there is anyway to go about curing this without surgery.  I have heard of people needing to get lypo and an areola reduction.  would I still need lypo even though I'm in shape?

Edit: Is there any reason for getting rid of Gyno but for looks/self-esteem?

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

Let us try to look what I mean by the problem of the words only descriptions.  "Large nips", "puffy nipples," "puffed nipples,"  and "puffy nips" are a common terms many give to a problem that extends to the region about the areola.   The nipple is actually the central raised structure inside the pigmented areola.

"Puffed nipples" can be a problem for some that involves long nipples above the areola where nipple reduction alone helps.

"Puffy Nipps" can be a problem behind the areola that can take many forms.  The deformity is usually a varying combination of fat and gland.  The gland can be firm or soft, spread through fat, or be a condensed mass.  There is a thin muscle under the areola skin that can flatten tissue when stimulated. Unfortunately it is impractical to keep stimulating these muscles.

In many of these patients with "puffy nipples," there was no firm tissue under the areola, just fat and soft gland.  Here is one example of puffy nipples in a muscular male.  Here is another example of   puffed nipples.  Here is another patient with puffy nipple gynecomastia.

"Puffy Nipples" can also be a combination of gynecomastia and big nipples.

I prefer my Dynamic Technique that adapts to the problem found during surgery to minimize such issues as residual deformity after surgery.

It does not take much to disturb the cut look of someone with a low body fat % such as a bodybuilder and I have sculpted many.  Bodybuilding can help with fat and muscles, but will not help with gland and you cannot pick where the fat comes from.  My bodybuilding patients typically tell me that what is on top of the muscle gets pushed out further in making bigger muscles. 

You can find some examples of pictures before and after gynecomastia surgery

Here - Gyno and BodyBuilding

Puffy Nipples and Bodybuilding

Here - Gynecomastia and BodyBuilding

Here - Gynecomastia Treatment

and

Here - Gynecomastia BodyBuilding.

I would suggest looking beyond each link's first page at all of the views for each patient to better understand the difference in the look before / after surgery.  There are other examples of lean patients, but thought this would be a good start.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
It's hard to follow up any post by Dr. Bermant. What I'll add is that gynecomastia can do harm to self-esteem and to your general psychological health, but you're not going to die from it or anything.  That being said, most of those of us who have/had it either want it removed or already had it removed.  Surgery truly is the only realistic means of getting rid of the condition. 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

DrBermant

It's hard to follow up any post by Dr. Bermant. What I'll add is that gynecomastia can do harm to self-esteem and to your general psychological health, but you're not going to die from it or anything.  That being said, most of those of us who have/had it either want it removed or already had it removed.  Surgery truly is the only realistic means of getting rid of the condition. 

Gynecomastia can be a very emotional issue.  Here is a movie I posted about the emotion of living with gynecomastia many have told me helped.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

julacom

the thing i'd really be worried about is the scars or areola deformation

DrBermant

the thing i'd really be worried about is the scars or areola deformation
The quality of the scar depends on the problem to be treated, surgical techniques, skill of your surgeon, how you heal, and other factors.  I work real hard to optimize my patients' scars.  The areola chest skin interface is a great place to hide a scar.  Check out the many before after pictures of this Areola / Nipple Gallery here, here, and here.  These results are typical for my sculpture of my patients.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024