Author Topic: Help please :)  (Read 3360 times)

Offline me335

Ok guys, in 9th grade I got really into weight lifting. I got into creatine and was taking large quantities of protein everyday. My bench max skyrocketed from around 180 that year to 260 by the end of my 10th grade school year. I noticed I had puffy nipples in 9th grade. I have now quit working out entirely and am in my second semester of my 11th grade year and my nipples bother me alot. I was wondering, do you think it would be wise to get on an estrogen reducer? The reason I ask is because I have a few of the symptoms, such as anger and puffy nipples. (I can't remember where I got this information but I think it was from this site.)

I would also like to know a few things about it - would it make me swell up real big? (I do VERY easily, and right now im sitting at 195 and I'm a distance runner and a boxer and would like to keep it that way.) I do not work out with weights often, all I do is high intensity interval cardio training (HIIT).

Also, my nipples don't seem to have that "lump" behind it...just watery :P

Thanks VERY much guys

Offline gabbyhey

• Gold Member
Well, here's what I know.  I could be wrong about the hormones, but here you go.  A hormonal imbalance that results in increased estrogen is not going to cause irrational anger.  You may be angry because you have puffy nipples, but not because you have a chemical mishap in your brain.  That's caused by too much testosterone.  What you should consider doing is talking to your doctor, and then visiting with an endocrinologist to get your hormones checked out.  If you are 16 or 17 than there is a possibilty that the problem could correct itself.  However, not too many people on this board have seen that happen.  As far as exercising, I'd stay away from bench pressing or increasing your pectoral muscles until you figure out what you are dealing with.  If you have puffy nipples with glandular tissue, increasing the muscle in your chest could actually make it worse because the muscle pushes out the gland further.  Cardiovascular exercise is a good thing to do.   No worries with that.  Hope I helped out a little.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024