Author Topic: Can't find answers for some gynecomastia questions  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Dave79

Hi, I'm new to this board and was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Quick background. I'm 26, and first noticed I had gynecomastia when I was 15. I honestly can't remember if I had it before this. During a routine physical my doctor said I had some "extra tissue" around the nipples and said to "come back if it grows any larger". In the years since it hasn't gotten any better or worse. I have the puffy nipples,  not  enlarged breasts. I'm not overweight at the moment, and weight seems to have no effect anyway. I've been as light as 130 and as heavy as 170 during this time, and the puffiness has always been the same.

Basically I'm not sure if I have gyn. or pseudo gyne. because I don't feel any hard lumps behind the nipple. In fact, the area behind my nipples is completely hollow, like a crater maybe about a 1/2" deep. Outside the crater, under the skin is a hard, lumpy tissue.

It's the hollowness that has me confused. Does anyone else have this? Most accounts of gynecomastia mention a hard lump directly behind the nipple. In my case the hardness is just outside the circumference of the nipple. I should add that when the nipples are not puffy (cold temp, etc.) they have a normal appearance, they're not sunk in at all. When they're puffy they're very puffy, not just raised a little, although one undershirt under normal clothes is enough to hide it.

Also, should I expect an Andractim regimen to help?  I plan on having surgery once funds are available, it really is a quality of life issue more than anything.  
« Last Edit: March 10, 2006, 04:39:16 PM by Dave79 »

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
  • Everythings Bigger In Texas
Now that you mention it...
If I push my finger directly into my nipple, I feel a crater too. Then the hard tissue surrounding it.
When I'm cold, my nipples appear more normal. When I'm not, they look like the pic in my avatar.

I cant comment on Andractim, as I havent used it or researched it.

If it is reducing your "quality of life" then surgery might be the only way to correct that.

Could you by any chance post pics?
Man Boobs Gone In 3 Weeks.
Hopefully It All Works Out.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
That sounds pretty normal to me.
Grandpa Dan

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yes gyne can take a donut form, though less often.  pseudo would be a larger chest mass resembling gyne because of bulk.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
Interesting.
I'd never heard that until now.

Offline Texan

• Bronze Member
My dad had gyne, so did my grandpa, so mine probably had to do with genes...
My dad worked out so much that his gyne became virtually invisible.

Offline trucker

• Posting Member
Wrong, if you ask me.

I have a crater right behind the areola too. Inspite of the crater my nips puff out a little bit. I feel this is because the rest of the structure is perked up that the only way for the areola is to bulge as well.

Dave79 and other torus-gyne people, can you feel concentric rings centering on the crater? My rings are spread right upto the pecs and are begining to bridge together and form a perfect dome.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024