Author Topic: 9 months post-op and scabbing?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline toxicity

• Posting Member
So I had an excision done 9 months ago and was mostly happy with the results. I did not have bad gyno, but it was enough to effect me. I had some bad hematoma on the one side, and the other side was perfect. Because of that complication, I had a ropey scar (about the size of a jelly bean) below/to the side of the aerola where the drain hole was. Its enough to stand out, but my doc said he could fix it in a few months.

Now I started massaging my scar tissue about 1.5 months ago. Probably about 30 minutes a week. Recently this scar scabbed over and peeled off (I have been using Vit E on it when that happened every day. Why is it doing this? The skin beneath it is pinkish (its new). Not saying this is necessarily a bad thing (having scar tissue peel or go away), but it concerns me that it is happening so late. Now I did see a bit of sun last weekend, but it was mostly on my back, but could this cause old scar tissue to do this? I don't really think it would bc my chest didnt really see much sun, and I am so many months post op. Is my body just reverting to 'memory'?

Thanks

Offline hungry.tides

• Silver Member
  • make the most of what you have got
guys help this guy, I on the other side of the wall so i guess i shudnt be commenting  :-[
Surgery Date: 25th June 2007
Lipo + Excision (<100% removal around nipple)
Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Ananteshwar, Manipal, Bangalore
pre & post pics link:
http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/hungrytides/
Know more @ :
http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/index.html

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I would reply but I don't really have an intelligent answer to the question.  Somebody else? 
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline proxie

• Posting Member
Are you white?  Do you sunburn easily?  Maybe it's a sunburn on your areolas??

I too have no real sound medical advice.  Either contact your original PS and see what he/she has to say, or go to a dermatologist.  They would be the best to look at it.  You might be developing a hypertrophic or keloid scar (started thinking that when you said 'ropy').  Is your scar still very visible and raised?  Out of curiosity, who was your plastic surgeon?   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024