Author Topic: Hi Newbie here!!  (Read 1624 times)

Offline sam1234

Hi guys,

I know this might sound weird but its amazing to see how many people actually suffer from this!! I honestly believed I was one of few who did.

Anyway, My story.....

I first started getting "Breast" at the age of 13 (I'm 23 now) I never thought nothing of it till I was 17 and realised I had to wear big jumpers in the summer!!I always thought I just needed a bit of excercise mainly aimed at the chest area to reduce it...No matter how much excercise I did nothing got rid of the B***tards!!  :D

Anyway, about 9 months ago I decided what was happening couldn't be right and decided to see my GP to get something done about it.

I am fed up of wearing a handfull of jumpers that just about hide them, Scared of hot weather, Scared of going out, walking with a slouch due to my low self esteem in regards to them and being embarrassed or wondering if someone was looking at them!!

My situation got really bad I was beginning to look at loads of guys chests to see if they had the same problem.But guys double my weight had no sign of the embarrassment I am carrying and that was shock to the system.

Anyway, back to me seeing my GP, the guy was not sympathetic nor understanding to the whole situation. He didn't even examine me, he just referred me to a endocrinologist who I visited a few months ago for the first time.

The first Dr. I met was quite frankly an A-Hole he actually had the cheek to tell me after 10 years of living with it, don't worry it will go away. I was absolutely livid!!!How bloody dare he say that without, again, carrying out any credible examinations. So I asked for a second opinion and if I could see his superior.The second doctor I saw gave me the time I expected and the respect and understanding for the condition one looks for from a trained physician. He confirmed that I do have Gyno and that surgery was the only procedure to remove the condition.

He's asked to see me in 6 weeks after taking further blood tests and asked me to try to lose a bit of weight so he is able to recommend me for the surgery!!

I do have two questions for guys who are on the NHS in England and have gone down this route.

How long does it take for you to get the surgery?
How is procedure before and after?

I know I've gone on but this is the first time away from my Dr's that I have spoken about it!!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Many of us thought at one time that we were very much alone.

It is quite a surprise to learn that the condition is actually as common as it really is.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your questions. I not only live across the pond, but at the opposite coast of the country across the pond. California to be precise.

I'm sure you'll get your answer shortly though. Meanwhile, Welcome! You are among friends here.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024